ForumsGamesWASD vs Arrow Keys

537 164171
silvermoon123
silvermoon123
855 posts
Nomad

Do you use WASD or the arrow keys? Why is WASD even an option? Why are arrow keys so superior? Questions like these and more can be posted here, as well as lots of answers! Give your opinion on these basic movement controls below!

• 537 Replies
Tiqu
Tiqu
2 posts
Nomad

i am right handed, but i prefer wasd because i play a lot of mmorpgs

Cristinatron
Cristinatron
138 posts
Peasant

I prefer using the arrow keys, but I don't mind using WASD if I have to.

rockynick
rockynick
37 posts
Nomad

I preffer arrow keys

Chaular
Chaular
5 posts
Nomad

I always prefer to use the WASD keys, even though I am right handed because I like to have the mouse in my hand and when I play WoW I always use the WASD keys so I get used to it.

vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad

If my right hand has to do something in timely fashion (move the mouse, press special stuff etc etc), then WASD. Thanks for Q1 when I have finally learned how to play it with mouse aiming. But I'm more comfortable with arrows in car racing games, indeed.

R4000
R4000
1,245 posts
Nomad

I ALWAYS prefer arrow keys. Even if my right hand is occupied i put my left hand on the arrow keys and right on the mouse.
I always wonder why ppl ever use WASD without putting arrows as an option too, forcing you to use WASD.

PtitBoss
PtitBoss
5 posts
Nomad

Hello,

Me I use the arrow keys.

I find them more accurate for some games.
Anyway after that is my choice.

Bye!

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
512 posts
Peasant

I love the Arrow keys, just because i am used to them. I started with them when i was six or something and i never even noticed that some people used WASD till i think Boxhead.

63 posts
Farmer

Anybody who grew up on PC games would be used to WASD. Eventhough I'm right handed, I kick much more *** at Drift Runners 2 left handed with WASD.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Anybody who grew up on PC games would be used to WASD.

Not me. I've played a lot of PC games and I am so used to using the arrow keys. I despise games that require you to use WASD.
63 posts
Farmer

But how?! Let's take the Thief series for example. You need quick access to several keys to reverse, lean, croutch, pick up, run. If your left hand is way over on the arrow keys while your right is on the mouse, how do you perform any actions quickly?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I use a laptop.
So my mouse is right in-front of me making it easier to use my left hand for the touch pad and my right hand for the arrow keys.

On a desktop though, yes, it would be much better to use your method.

Tosheros
Tosheros
7 posts
Blacksmith

Perosnnaly, I don't have a qwerty keyboard but an azerty one. So the WASD is actually ZQSD.

Though I can easily understand that adapting every kind of gameplay to every kind of keyboard might be an unnecessary work since only french-speaking people uses azerty keyboards, I don't like it when a game only use the WASD keys and don't propose the arrows...

Larmus
Larmus
351 posts
Nomad

I use arrow keys only in Racing games. But I always use WASD in first-person and third-person games, although I'm right-handed...

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

When its just the WASD or Arrows? arrows all the way. When coupled with the mouse? I enjoy the extra space the WASD gives me

Showing 61-75 of 537