ForumsGamesWASD vs Arrow Keys

537 164516
silvermoon123
silvermoon123
855 posts
Nomad

Do you use WASD or the arrow keys? Why is WASD even an option? Why are arrow keys so superior? Questions like these and more can be posted here, as well as lots of answers! Give your opinion on these basic movement controls below!

• 537 Replies
ArmorL3gend
ArmorL3gend
239 posts
Peasant

I used to prefer the Arrow Keys but now I prefer WASD because when you are playing a game and you need to use the mouse, space bar, shift, Ctrl etc, it is more harder to use them with Arrow Keys than WASD.

Cristalfox
Cristalfox
142 posts
Blacksmith

Arrow keys are better for me, but I don't mind playing with WASD.
Some games are easier to play with arrow keys an some are not. It is a simple choice.

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

I'm both-handed and I think it's easier to use the WASD instead of the arrow keys. When a play a game; it's obviously to me that I using WASD in the left hand and the mouse in the right.

Avrilicious
Avrilicious
525 posts
Peasant

I'm not really used to placing my hand in the WASD section while playing a game for me and when a game is only WASD it aggravates me just because I can't use it properly and games that require both, I'm useless at.. (Battlepaint for one) I definitely prefer the arrow keys since it's more easy for me.

zekrom1
zekrom1
60 posts
Peasant

I'm ambidextrous (though mostly left-handed), and still always use WASD when an option. I am of the opinion that if a game does not have WASD controls, then it is discrimination against left-handers. Also, they are superior because if you use WASD, it is easier to control the mouse with your right hand.

Shiningblood
Shiningblood
14 posts
Nomad

if i need to use the mouse then wasd but if theres no mouse then arrow keys <-- --> | ^
v |

farrowking37
farrowking37
610 posts
Nomad

wasd all the way! it frees up you're right hand for aiming with the mouse, and it brings you within closer reach of keys often used as hot keys.

efunky
efunky
25 posts
Nomad

I like using wads most of the time,but on some games I use arrows and im right handed

RaijaRadiance
RaijaRadiance
72 posts
Nomad

I'm right-handed. I use WASD pretty much all the time, with exceptions of 2D platform and driving games. Normally my left hand is placed on WASD and right one is on the mouse. Non-symmetrical placement of hands results in pain and aching in a few hours.

StrategicCaptain
StrategicCaptain
393 posts
Nomad

I usually use the WASD if there is click involved. But no clicking, I usually stick to the arrow keys.

lostmanfound
lostmanfound
124 posts
Nomad

keys for platformer WASD for shooters

yt0
yt0
45 posts
Farmer

i prefer wasd, because when the game need mouse and shift the easiest way is to use wasd i think

Adrokila
Adrokila
139 posts
Nomad

I prefer using the WASD keys on a laptop, as I don't have a mouse and the touchpad is the only way to move my mouse. Using WASD is more comfortable also, since I'm right handed and using the right hand for arrow keys and left hand for touchpad doesn't work, and crossing over my hands to reach the arrow keys is a bit awkward...

More games with WASD controls would be great.

kingjac11
kingjac11
2,597 posts
Nomad

WASD is better when you have to you a mouse but other than that its a tie.

europeandeath
europeandeath
33 posts
Nomad

I prefer using the WASD keys on a laptop, as I don't have a mouse and the touchpad is the only way to move my mouse. Using WASD is more comfortable also, since I'm right handed and using the right hand for arrow keys and left hand for touchpad doesn't work, and crossing over my hands to reach the arrow keys is a bit awkward...
More games with WASD controls would be great

Bro it seems we have alot in common, add me
Showing 106-120 of 537