ForumsNews and FeedbackGame of the Day

23 6284
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

It would be nice if on the homepage of AG3, there could be a little box that had a randomly picked "Game of the Day". When you played the game of the day, there could be an icon that shows it's the game of the day and maybe there could be some special achievement or something for playing the game or a special theme for the site homepage that was somehow related to the game.

• 23 Replies
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

I dunno cause I think it would havepeople just clicking the game then going back to the homepage just to get that achevement. It also might be oo much to maintain.

IcyIndia
IcyIndia
1,344 posts
Nomad

Well you obviously should know about the Random Game feature that didn't work.
But you're saying just once per day. It might work. I think it'd be cool.

clicking the game then going back to the homepage just to get that achevement.

Maybe you'd have to play it for a certain amount of time.

Maybe just have it with no achievement, just a game of the day.
samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

This is looking at things from a Kongregate view.

Every week one badged game is chosen. But since this is the game of the week the badges don't give you (easy)5, (medium)15, (hard)30, (impossible)60. It's like 10, 25, 40, 70; respectively.

Put that into AG3 terms.

Also, this is assuming that achievements for in game accomplishments will there in AG3

sixshots
sixshots
83 posts
Nomad

i think it should be most played game of the day before and get something like 3 extra AP for rating it

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

3 extra AP for rating it

Armor Points for rating shouldn't even be there. You should be able to rate the game out of your own volition. Not for the sake of gaining Armor Points. I bet if there was no AP for rating games most people with over 1,500 rated games wouldn't have that many. Seeing that it'll be worthless because you don't earn anything out of it.

I myself rate games that I've played into for a minimum of ten minutes then after that leave a little review.

The 'Game of the day' does sound like an okay idea. I wouldn't mind it or vote against it. The game that should be mentioned should be probably new games released that very day and/or games that have been played the most that day. Could be even both.
Cromatox
Cromatox
24 posts
Nomad

I would like to have Game of the Day and random game too.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

i think the game of the day would have to be a relatively new game, not brand new, but kind of new, because there are a lot of really old games that i bet a lot of people have never even heard of and wouldn't want to play. but it's still a good idea.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

you obviously should know about the Random Game feature that didn't work.

The problem was that it was randomly selecting something for every user every time that page loaded. What Joe96 seems to suggest is a way for that random choice to happen once per day, so every user sees that same random game for the day.
braheehinny
braheehinny
39 posts
Nomad

I would say that this idea is pretty good. I would like a random game button too. The achievement could be manipulated by going to that game and then opening another window and going to armorgames while it is still running in another window. (In the case of you have to play it a certain amount of time.)

falleiz
falleiz
32 posts
Nomad

Very nice idea, i would support this

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

and then opening another window and going to armorgames while it is still running in another window

Depending on the game, Flash might get slow or unresponsive if you have two big games using up lots of CPU cycles and memory. If we do reconsider the &quotlay a random game" idea, it would probably load within the same window where you click the 'random' button.
KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

I like the idea if it is what I think it is as in: like a ftured game but randomly pick for the site and show with no specail achevments for paling or any thing (maybe one for the luck developer though), but just for the fun of it and so that not so often played or old games can get a better chance at geting played.

But bout the some what off topic ramdom button thingy. I would be nice to have some times I would like to just have a game that maybe I have or have not played or some thing for if I want a quick game or feel lazy or can make a desition and to make it I press random. But I could see your piont cormyn evry one pressing it and having to get a random game would be very hard on the site and computers... how to get around that.... how do other site do it?

Thedude1240
Thedude1240
1 posts
Nomad

Hmmm... That might be a good idea however people would just click game without playing to get the achievement....and I dont want AG to become kongregate

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

That might be a good idea however people would just click game without playing to get the achievement....and I dont want AG to become kongregate

Not just clicking the game and playing, you'll have to progress to a certain stage to get the badge/achievement.
I think achievements would be a great idea. Most of my friends don't even come to the forums or comment. So for achievements we'll know if they're active or not.
I wouldn't like it to be exactly like Kongregate's badge system. It could be tweaked a bit.
horns08
horns08
1 posts
Nomad

I likee the idea of game of the day. We should be able to vote on it daily, or even have a game of the week because that might be easier

Showing 1-15 of 23