Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

I Want to See Your Mental Poop

Thread Locked

Posted Jan 25, '11 at 8:17pm

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

160 posts

I'm really good at writing with a mouse.http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee453/shewhomustnotbenamed3/kersplat.jpg

Posted Jan 25, '11 at 8:19pm

CommanderDude7

CommanderDude7

2,408 posts

*gasp* Random Dude is dead! He was like a brother to me. :(

Posted Jan 25, '11 at 8:20pm

driejen

driejen

427 posts

The line was taken from a tracing of mona lisa ;D
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3390/25477376.jpg

Posted Jan 25, '11 at 8:26pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,090 posts

DUDE, it's not called BLAH. It's called aguda.kagglestacks!

Speaking of such, I named mine "Kagglolstacks". *cringes*

I also like how Gantic didn't comment on the seemingly-crude pic I drew straight from Paint. He must like it! :D

Posted Jan 25, '11 at 8:34pm

Reton8

Reton8

2,496 posts

I think I figured it out. It's not a parabola if it is polynomial of degree two or higher. So the graph is incorrectly labeled and and may or may not have a focus or directrix.

The whole idea was that it was supposed to be easy to quickly turn the original line into a parabola, list some equations, post it, and then be like, "You thought it would be a drawing but I turned it into some math equation lololololllolllol". It frustrated me to no end instead.

I'm still waiting for someone to make an extremely detailed piece of work that includes the line (highlighted) in only one small spot of the piece.

Posted Jan 25, '11 at 8:43pm

Gantic

Gantic

6,767 posts

OMG> SheWhoMustNotBeNamed just mindhacked me! She has compulsive thoughts of killing people.

Don't worry, I will facetiously apply Freud's Psychosexual Theory in analysis of whatever anyone submits. (Which means I won't even use it at all. Except for Freakenstein. That's not to say I won't facetiously apply Freudian psychology and poppsych.) I'm musing over what's been submitted so far. My report will be posted after I have posted my image.

And I don't actually see the line at all in Mona Lisa. :P

Posted Jan 25, '11 at 8:50pm

jaza_m

jaza_m

1,131 posts

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt257/jaza_m/Gond.jpg

This is exactly what you think it is.

Posted Jan 25, '11 at 8:50pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,090 posts

(Which means I won't even use it at all. Except for Freakenstein. That's not to say I won't facetiously apply Freudian psychology and poppsych.)

Lol? You're doing this for a college project? So we're...guinea-pigs to your mental whims? >:'(

Posted Jan 25, '11 at 8:57pm

dragonball05

dragonball05

1,571 posts

Gantic, I think the Mona Lisa sketch has it as a very very small part of her hair at the top. Took me a while to find it :P

Posted Jan 25, '11 at 9:07pm

Gantic

Gantic

6,767 posts

Lol? You're doing this for a college project? So we're...guinea-pigs to your mental whims? >:'(

Yes, No, and Always.

Gantic, I think the Mona Lisa sketch has it as a very very small part of her hair at the top. Took me a while to find it :P

Looks like you might be right. Hard to tell if the curvature is the same since it's flipped.