ForumsGames[Necro] Hack Slash Crawl

144 95259
CatonaRock
CatonaRock
323 posts
Justiciar

What's the best race and attributes and titles in your opinion? Also what weapons and armor go best with that choice?

I like mages myself, and bolting enemies before they even reach me. I also use "Shield" sometimes.

• 144 Replies
Diltis
Diltis
48 posts
Farmer

i don't know.. i liked this game but i couldnt reach the third floor.. it is hard

UnderGrind
UnderGrind
7 posts
Nomad

Demon Magus is just plain retarded, got level 21 with it but kitilid seems nice since Swarm is a very good spell. Also got 19 with human necro, "died" to a bug in a boss room, my character disappeared and kept leveling up but I couldn't move.
Trying vampire reaper now (critical strike + lifesteal seems nice).

I would love to know what the mana pearls do, I had over 1k with my demon magus and never found way to spend them, and i kept needing more and more mana, so I'm clueless about them.

UnderGrind
UnderGrind
7 posts
Nomad

Vampire reaper is good but its not the way i imagined it, it doesn't have lifelsteal, the life per hit is based on your level i guess, not the damage you deal.

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,030 posts
Peasant

Light wielders (or is that one word?) are nice. The Sanctify spell is really effective. As a Celestial Lightwielder (at least I'll be right once now) you'll have really effective healing.

TechnoDragon64
TechnoDragon64
109 posts
Nomad

I prefer the lightwielders due to having the ability to heal from the start. I also like the Ignite and Summon spells. A good title to have is Ascetic, since you get +1 to every stat when your inventory is full and I just sell off unused inventory anyway since your score is measured in mana pearls. Another good title is Abyssal, which grants +3 to Stamina and Intellect.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

i don't know.. i liked this game but i couldnt reach the third floor.. it is hard

How is it hard? You auto heal, have spells all over the place, can outrun enemies, and it's just plain easy. I wish there was a save feature though.
oldsk00l3
oldsk00l3
5 posts
Nomad

i sold all my items and had like 10k mana orbs is there like a trader or merchant at some floors where you can buy stuff or is it just for high scores??

TechnoDragon64
TechnoDragon64
109 posts
Nomad

i sold all my items and had like 10k mana orbs is there like a trader or merchant at some floors where you can buy stuff or is it just for high scores??

I believe it is just for high scores.
epson1234111
epson1234111
136 posts
Peasant

Golem Lightweilder is the best one to choose for the game.

heyimfloaty
heyimfloaty
1 posts
Nomad

I think I was a vampire reaper or something like that. Pretty fun game. Should make a 2nd one :P

G_SuS
G_SuS
11 posts
Blacksmith

tried a few now and there are many good ones, it just depends on tactics...
if you lure too mch enemies your fu**** up always no matter what race.

vampire reaper with strenght only works good since enemies are killed fast but as i said, too much of them and youre ****ed.

golem cursed is not that good, since the magic enemies arent the biggest problem in the game

my favorite is magus, played and atlantian magus, cus you got fire and ice, for lvl5+ really good spells(blizzard and fire wall) and youre often able to kill many enemies before they even reach you, thus it deals best with blobs of enemies.

always keep in mind not to cast a spell on waiting enemies, cus often there are other enemies linked to those, so they come in blobs.
if you just run near some enemies, only those who are in range will follow you and you can seperate them from the rest.

the swarm spell is an awesome boss killer... cast,run,cast,boss dead.

the pearls are just for the scores

G_SuS
G_SuS
11 posts
Blacksmith

and i usualy use stat upgrades titles.
got abyssal(+3 will/stamina) and devastating(+int/str)

UnderGrind
UnderGrind
7 posts
Nomad

I'm going with a kitilid lightwielder now. Last time i tried kilitid magus and got ***** by the golem boss with charge, this shouldnt happend with the area healing.

G_SuS
G_SuS
11 posts
Blacksmith

area healing is for enemies too... read the description

wyntonian
wyntonian
44 posts
Nomad

I played a golem wanderer and i found myself switching weapons a lot to get the right spells for situations. i had a sword with swarm that i opened with and a 10-12 damage axe that had fire arc. Does anyone else switch weapons like that?

Showing 1-15 of 144