ForumsGames[Necro] Hack Slash Crawl

144 95263
CatonaRock
CatonaRock
323 posts
Justiciar

What's the best race and attributes and titles in your opinion? Also what weapons and armor go best with that choice?

I like mages myself, and bolting enemies before they even reach me. I also use "Shield" sometimes.

• 144 Replies
JesusChristonaCracke
JesusChristonaCracke
10 posts
Nomad

Thanks Dr Zaius

VorpalS
VorpalS
9 posts
Nomad

And random information I gathered from play :

-Str increases damage by 5%, additive

-Sta increase health by 10 and each level up increases health by 20

-Armor decreases physical damage by a % but suffers diminishing return

-Vampire heals for 1/6 of damage dealt

-Demon bonus fire damage and cursed elemental damage both scale with str stat

G_SuS
G_SuS
11 posts
Blacksmith

if you bug armor in the other slots u still cant get pass 24 armor

but 2fire(40+) and ice armors are essential to get pass lvl 10 cus only fire guys and ice rushers are running around.... well the fire guys still do most physical damage.

the lightwielder celestial combo is just lame

died at 23 because i lurd about 8guys and they kept pushing me outwards the healing cicles and i still wasnt at 100 mana recharge/sec -.- but about 120on willpower shud be enough a´fter that u can skill whatever you want... but thats the point i miss the save button. cus it gets boring and you cant play the game all day long

Microe
Microe
842 posts
Nomad

Can someone put up a pretty good class? I might try later.

TheSpartans
TheSpartans
3 posts
Nomad

I sugess using the combo golem necromancer. The 3 extra helpers help a lot. Plus the resistence makes you almost invulnerable.

pablo4270
pablo4270
1,931 posts
Peasant

First thing I used was the Tangled Spell guy with necro. Not a good choice the tangled is not that good. But I like the Dragon and the Ice shooting guy.

JesusChristonaCracke
JesusChristonaCracke
10 posts
Nomad

There are two "hidden" (read: gayass mochi) classes
The Skeleton and The Minotaur

I hate mochimedia. but they look nice

VorpalS
VorpalS
9 posts
Nomad

Neither hidden classes are good tho,

For the melee fans:

Just made a pure strenght werewolf/wanderer run, I kinda regret not doing a vampire tho, once you get "super weapons" your damage is just insane, 1/6 of that would be several hundred health every hit, way more than my werewolf regen.

Traveler/Marathoner are really tho only titles worth it, +5 stat won't matter once you have 200 but extra speed even as little as 15% will still be just as good.

Also it really gets boring by 5 mil because you 1 shot everything if you are melee and I can't tell for other races but werewolf/vampires(specially vamp) are pretty much invincible as long as you have 100 ice resist.

For class... I thought extra resist would be good but it was really a waste since most items provide 50-55 resist, so you still need 2 for 100% resist, and reaper, well you 1 shot everything already, no class really seems to give anything significant, I tried cursed but it doesn't kill particularly faster, you just get either very high damage or very low and in the end it just evens out.

VorpalS
VorpalS
9 posts
Nomad

For those who have trouble going melee, here's how I usually do it.

For races I think werewolf/vampire/golem are the best, golem will do better early game(when you are starving for resist) werewolf mid game and vampire late game. Class doesn't really matter.

The challenge is to get to about 300k pearls when you will get your first "super weapon", you should completely clear every map before going to the next.

Keep most fire/ice/elec resist gears in your backpack so you can swap if needed

Put all into strenght, it will pay later on when the health gained from just leveling up will hit decent levels.

This means that your focus on gears should be stamina, use your judgment to determine what is the appropriate resist/armor/stamina ratio for the enemies you are about to engage.

For weapon, always take whatever has the highest average damage, to know which one it is, just add the minimum and maximum damage of the weapon and divide by 2.

Shield, entrangle, sanctuary, charm and similar spells can help you a lot, don't be afraid to keep a weaker item (except if it's a weapon) if it can ease up your progress

For resists, you will need some elec resist early on, and some fire mid game but the most important is to get 100% ice resist when the ice knights show up, they aren't too strong at first but quickly become dangerous once you go down a few levels.

VorpalS
VorpalS
9 posts
Nomad

Once you reach late game, keep 100% ice resist (on rings if possible) and go for the highest armor possible since most damage at this point is physical(elemental damage doesn't seems to scale much late game).

DrZaius
DrZaius
60 posts
Peasant

Nudist - +8 ARMOR when wearing no armor
Nonviolent - +2 Sta
Ascetic - +1 all stats when inventory is empty
Humbled - +2 Will
Killer - +1 Str/Int
Hoarder - +2 ARMOR when inventory is full
Explorer - +1 Sta/Will
Traveled - +5% run speed
Stone Skin - +1 ARMOR
Brave - +1 ARMOR for each enemy over 2 when surrounded
Dauntless - +2 ARMOR for each enemy over 2 when surrounded
Deadly - +2 Str/Int
Bonebane - +50% Dmg to skeletons
Strong - +3 Str
Tough - +3 Sta
Wise - +3 Will
Intelligent - +3 Int
Iron Skin - +2 ARMOR
Spelunker - +2 Sta/Will
Experienced - +1 All Stats
Marathoner - +10% run speed
Steel Skin - +3 ARMOR
Legendary - +2 All Stats
Herculian - +5 Str
Indomitable - +5 Sta
(name unknown but bonus pretty probable) - +5 Will
Genius - +5 Int
Lethal - +3 Str/Int
Bonemaster - 20% Chance any skeleton that sees you will temporarily be charmed
Abyssal - +3 Sta/Will
Epic - +3 All Stats
Devastating - +5 Str/Int

63 posts
Farmer

Has anyone else hit a glitch where the screen freezes up, but your XP just keeps going up and up? I was seeing how far I could upgrade but it was starting to get very very laggy.

WastedGunner
WastedGunner
1 posts
Nomad

So, nobody seems to have noticed this exploit, but people have talked about the scenario somewhat.

VorpalS mentioned a few times to get 100% cold res. I disagree, get >100%

You then ABSORB MANA instead of hp. Get a heal spell, and even with bad healing you can just train 4-5 of those ice guys each level and spam healing, voila an immortal melee character.

I got to level 30 like this, then accidentally checked my email ont he same tab as the game.

Still though, i had 115% cold rez, and never got close to dieing.

Solace
Solace
2 posts
Nomad

First off, skeletons seem to quickly hit a max level, unless your int gives them more hp or something. If you want to go summoner for triple skeleton distractions, that's not bad, and you don't need much int to pull it off.

Second, although both the vampire and demon basically get a damage boost, the vampire's ability does stack with the crit skill, but the demon's doesn't. Because of that, and because the little bits of stats you can get in the beginning don't matter much after a while, I recommended a vampire for any melee class. Also, crit doesn't work with charge, sadly.

Third, if there's a battle you're worried about, or just like to be prepared, cast skeleton, crit, and shield before you go into combat, since they stick around without drawing aggro, and you mana regens crazy fast between battles.

Fourth, charmed enemies are stupid. Unless you have a lot of mana, I wouldn't bother, because they usually either ignore things attacking you, or aggro things not attacking you.

VorpalS
VorpalS
9 posts
Nomad

The problem with demon(and spells) is that the damage scales with stats instead of weapon damage so once you start getting very powerful weapons, the damage you get from demon or spells quickly falls behind.

Showing 61-75 of 144