ForumsGamesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl (SSBB)

1649 229717
kongaman
kongaman
16 posts
Nomad

In this topic, post your favorite new addition or favorite return and anything else related to SSBB!!!

My favorite new: Sonic (Playable Character)

• 1,649 Replies
Cloud660
Cloud660
407 posts
Nomad

I hope they bring some of the stages from the first game back, those stages were fun.

dr_peace
dr_peace
304 posts
Nomad

One more thing about Pokemon Trainer. There won't be any overuse of one pokemon. if you use one pokemon for too long, or if you switch them out too much, they lose "energy" and cannot fight properly.

Also, it is possible that they could bring back Marth and not Roy. Marth was the main character that they wanted to put in the game. Roy was kind of an extra. Beside that, Roy was substantially less usefull as a character than Marth. If you don't know what I'm talking about, ask, and I'll explain.

Cloud660
Cloud660
407 posts
Nomad

What!? I thought Roy was better than Marth. He is stonger and most of his attacks have a fire bonus. Plus i have played his game, cant find an English version for Marth's yet.

dr_peace
dr_peace
304 posts
Nomad

Nope, sorry, I happen to have mastered every aspect of SSBM. (see, I can gloat too.) I'm going to try to make this short. Marth and Roy both have different "sweet spots" Roy's attacks should hit the enemy with the 'middle' of his sword for max damage. Marth should hit with the very 'tip' of his sword. As you can -see, Marth already has an advantage. So, if both have a sweet spot, they must both have a not-so-sweet spot. Of course, it's each's sweet spot that is the other's bad spot. Their attack power plays out like this(in rank of damage-dealing power):

Roy- tip of sword=1
-anywhere else on sword=3

Marth-tip of sword-4
-anywhere else on sword=2

Of course, it's far easier to hit an enemy with the large part of the sword than the tip. This means that if Marth and Roy both attack at close range, (easy way) Roy is stronger. Also, Roy's tip attack is extremely weak.
Are you getting it now? Roy is to be used by people new to the Fire Emblem characters. By the range game, Marth wins if used by some one who can always hit with the tip of his sword. (me)

Other reasons:

-Marth is faster than Roy
-Marth's counter knocks the target farther away.
-Marth has a greater attack range (so tiny it doesn't really matter.)
-Marth has two "meteor smash" moves that Roy does not

*hint* Marth's "perfect hit" is categorized by a satisfying slashing noise, or with some attacks, a low rumble.

Whew, finally. I hope I didn't forget anything. Oh, and I'm not sure about Marth's game. My friend told me about Marth being the primary character. Apparently, since Fire Emblem was coming to the U.S. eventually, The developers wanted a greater introduction.

Cloud660
Cloud660
407 posts
Nomad

wow. i didnt know that, thanks for the info. As for Marth's Game, he was in the very first Fire Emblem. He then was in Fire Emblem 3 because its a remake of the first one, and they a remaking Marth's game again for the DS.

dr_peace
dr_peace
304 posts
Nomad

Cool, I can't wait to see that.

Doomy123
Doomy123
125 posts
Nomad

that sounds neat, I remember one fire emblem game I really liked for gameboy... Then somebody stole it

Cloud660
Cloud660
407 posts
Nomad

Well you can see what people already found out. http://serenesforest.net/fe1ds/

warmech711
warmech711
89 posts
Nomad

wat the heck... pokemon trainer?! lol

Cloud660
Cloud660
407 posts
Nomad

Mexh shut up, dont judge a character when you havent even played the game yet.

Falerix
Falerix
47 posts
Nomad

Marth is a lord in his game. That's why he got in.

And yes, Marth owns Roy in almost every aspect.

Cloud660
Cloud660
407 posts
Nomad

Yea we kinda figured that out already Fal, but i wish they put the Black Knight in.

gamerman
gamerman
171 posts
Nomad

marth owns roy but we dont know on how ike is goin 2 play out if he is fast and weak then there may be a chance of roy returnin but if he is a slow killing machine then marth may return

jokerbob
jokerbob
16 posts
Nomad

marth is the best in melee but i think that pit or meta knight will be the best

Cloud660
Cloud660
407 posts
Nomad

Ike is slow, one of the slowest people in the game, but his attacks own and he doesnt flinch when he uses Aether, his final smash is awsome too.

Showing 61-75 of 1649