ForumsNews and Feedback[necro]AG v3 Score system

8 3837
stocky
stocky
11 posts
Nomad

what will the algorithm be for figuring out a games score.

will it be something simple like

//allGameScores as an array of all scores
amountOfGames = allGameScores.length
allGameScores/amountOfGames

because that wont be fair on any games that receive major updates.

will the scores reset after an update?
will the scores be (half since last update) && (half total scores).

I only ask because i usually wont play a games with a low score, and I think games like gemcraft improve allot after their release.

• 8 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Are you asking about game ratings? If so, we let users rate everything on a scale from 0.5 through 10.0 in half-point increments, and the game's overall rating is the true average of every user's rating. In AG3, it will be similar, except we might do away with the half step increments and just do 1-10 as a simpler scale.

If you're talking about something else, you'll need to explain your idea a little more.

stocky
stocky
11 posts
Nomad

well if a game receives a major update and lets say they had 500 votes of 7.00 before the update. But after the update they receive another 500 votes of 9.00. Then would the score go to 8.00? even though in its current state the game is getting scores of 9.00.

if so could you put a score since update in the the box displaying the current score... well an on mouse over create a box above it with the since last update score.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Have you seen on iTunes how it has "Ratings for this version:" and then "Ratings for previous version".

He's worried that a bad game will get an update making it good and will keep a bad ranking.

stocky
stocky
11 posts
Nomad

personally i haven't seen the i Tunes rating system but it sounds just like what I'm talking about thanks Pazx

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

In AG3 the ratings of games in AG2 will migrate over to the new server. You will be able to see what you rated a game in AG2, and you will also be able to change your rating.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hmm "ratings for this version" might be handy. We're already looking at building out a "rating stats over time" for the game developers, but probably wouldn't be visible to end users.

wipe42
wipe42
819 posts
Nomad

We're already looking at building out a "rating stats over time" for the game developers, but probably wouldn't be visible to end users.

So you mean like those graphs that show how much your stocks are worth over time?
~~~~~~

Well I think that this is a nice little idea. I don't really see how this affects the game in any way. Unless you're talking about everyone not playing games with low scores. Then this would be more useful.
KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

Well I could see it as a graet thing for the programmer! To see your rating on each game version. But I think he (and I ) wants to know how are you doing and gong to do the rateing sorce with the facter of if this version,say 1.0, gets a rating of 6/10 and the next version,say 1.1, gets 9/10. do/are you going to merge those togther and make it 7/10, and reconzie both the 1.0 and 1.1 with a combined rating or scrap the old 1.0 rating and start over to 1.1 or just keep the old rating and biuld off of that?

Maybe we could make a simble by the the game that means new version and we could make some overs like "was fetured" and so on. They could be color dots maybe with a letter in it. Like version could be blue with a "v" in it and featuerd a red one. With a "R" in it... but of corse the new version one would only before a day or two. Idk you (or a dev) could lool at the game icons and see where too put it (or I could...) but any ways I like his questions and the idea of the version history check thingy...

Showing 1-8 of 8