ForumsWEPRMichael Vick. What do you think.

37 6507
Beast_all_games
Beast_all_games
64 posts
Nomad

What's with the idiots who support Michael Vick?!
He killed dogs for Gods sake!!!

• 37 Replies
SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

Animal fighting is pure animal cruelty and anyone who supports Michael Vick is probably holding some bets running on the bulldogs in their basement.

Beast_all_games
Beast_all_games
64 posts
Nomad

Thank you! I so totally AGREE!

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

I agree with the fact that what he did was wrong but I would like to point out that he was really treated very badly for this mainly for the reason of the fact that he was a celebratity. I ahve heard many fictual storys about this issue becuase of who he is. I am not excusing the fact that what he did was wrong becuase what he did was WRONG

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

he was really treated very badly for this

so where the dogs, and they didn't do anything wrong.
Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

I said it was wrong and am not on a oppisite side of you so I feel no need to argue this point.

bflasch0
bflasch0
10 posts
Nomad

all strategy guy does is argue...
he is against every point everyone makes.
but i think micheal vick got what he deserved.

ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

Micheal Vick did get what he deserved. Dog fighting for money isn't only against the law, it's cruel and wrong. I think he shouldn't ever be able to come back to the NFL.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

You guys have read Strategy_guy wrong. As he said he's not arguing against your point of view, that being that what Michael Vick did was morally reprehensible. Rather that in addition to this consideration, we must also remember the flip side: that the backlash against Michael Vick was unduly strong due to his celebrity status- not only was he being judged for that which he did do, but he was also being judged for things that he didn't do.

For my part, I think I'm going to slightly disagree with that! I'm going to say that as a byproduct of fame and celbrity status, it is the responsibility of said celebrities to somehow take this status into account and manage their behavior accordingly. This is particularly applicable to those who think fame and fortune is a ticket not to public scrutiny, but public attention and the ability to do whatever the heck you want.

Beast_all_games
Beast_all_games
64 posts
Nomad

I have no Idea what that means..

yoel169
yoel169
44 posts
Nomad

welldont know

ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

For my part, I think I'm going to slightly disagree with that! I'm going to say that as a byproduct of fame and celbrity status, it is the responsibility of said celebrities to somehow take this status into account and manage their behavior accordingly. This is particularly applicable to those who think fame and fortune is a ticket not to public scrutiny, but public attention and the ability to do whatever the heck you want.

Yeah, that's what I think. Famous or not, A law breaker is a law breaker, and just because he is a so-called "celebrity" doesn't mean he should be treated any lighter or not as harsh as any other regular person.
Beast_all_games
Beast_all_games
64 posts
Nomad

just like all those women (and men) celebs who say they can do illegal drugs, and dont have to pay the price, because they THINK they are... (BETTER than REGULAR people)

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Well yes...ryan, I was actually going a step further than that and saying that maybe, just maybe celebrities should expect to be treated harsher because of their celebrity status!

I mean...it goes with the territory. To most people they're like beacons among commoners.

ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

That is true, but IMO, I don't think that they should actually be treated harsher just because they're usually so loved and what not. Celebrity or not, everyone should be treated and dealt with the same when breaking laws, depending on what they broke, that is. What I'm saying is, it doesn't matter who you are, if you broke a law I think you should be treated the same as if a different person or celebrity broke the same law.

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

just like all those women (and men) celebs who say they can do illegal drugs, and dont have to pay the price, because they THINK they are... (BETTER than REGULAR people)

I agree, that those celebrity's think that just because there on TV and are "celebritys" they some how think there better then the rest of the population! With that being said, they belive that they have the right to do ehatever they please. Some how they recive a message telling them that it's okey do do thease crimes and to commite all of this! And when there caught, they try to get the people on there side, the vary same people that they belive are lower then themselves.
I belive that celebritys should be punished the same or evan more then us "normal" people because, i think we need to get it through there heads that the world is not a game, and it dosen't belong to them! And it's sick how some celebritys weaisle there way out of things when there are being punished.
And what Vick did, I belive is wrong and he should now suffer for the mstakes he did! And this should be a showing to all other celebrits that they can't walk away free, unharmed!
Showing 1-15 of 37