ForumsNews and FeedbackAG3 Calendar: February 22, 2011. Codename: Scimitar

22 8309
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

The next beta release has not been given a codename yet, but we'll update the forum title once we do.

---

All times are in Pacific Standard Time, relative to where our office is located. These times aren't set in stone, by any means, I only write it up here to give everyone some idea of what our typical day looks like for a beta release.

Our next release will be today, February 8th.

Here's a rough schedule of our day:

8:30am, we're all in the office, getting coffee or Diet Dr Pepper, and coordinating our morning events, squishing last-minute bugs. We furiously test our code internally on several operating systems and browsers to see if there are any specific layout/render bugs we need to fix.
9:00am, I generally start tweeting our status, what we're working on, and issues we see. Justin will probably send out several tweets about the release as well, either by re-tweeting me or sending his own notes.
9:00am, I flip a switch on the database to increment the next beta phase, and migrate new users to our mailing list software. Any users signing up after that will have to wait until the NEXT beta release to get an invite code.
11:30am, lunch time. BLT's, anyone?
12:30pm, we reconvene to do a final status check on our code, see how everything looks on our test server, and work furiously to fix last-second problems.

Between 1pm and 5:30pm, we get all of our code checked in, deployed to our production servers, start preparing our newsletter and get ready to queue up any invite codes.

The newsletter will explain more about what we've been working on, what's in the new release, that sort of thing, but does NOT include beta invite codes. Invite codes are always sent in a separate Email to users.

---

It's important to note up front that several things will seem "missing" from the site, such as the forums, etc. This is to be expected, because we're rolling out the beta in phases where we add new features every two weeks or so.

---

The next release's feature set isn't official yet, but may include the new goodies we've been working on for game favorites. We may also include some new features for keeping track of which games you play so you can see a history of what you play and how often. I think we have some stuff planned for the play page for each game as well.

---

Found a bug? Found something you absolutely love-omg-squee-happybacondance? Please post it on GetSatisfaction for us. The rest of the webdev team is deathly allergic to lurking in the forums, but posting a message on GS will send an Email update to everyone, which usually gets priority over other things we're doing.

• 22 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

locked until closer to the next release

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Looks like this next release could have the beginnings of the private Inbox. I'll be working on the database stuff for it soon.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

The Inbox stuff is underway. The beta release on Tuesday will have a limited set of features that we'll expand over time.

We're also working on showing you the last few games you've played on your profile under the "Recent Games" box which you'll find at the lower right area of the profile page.

osanseviero
osanseviero
38 posts
Nomad

i dont understand...where is AG3?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

where is AG3?

Here is the AG3 beta. You should sign up for it.

"missing" from the site, such as the forums

:'(
Hope to get them soon.
The Inbox stuff is underway. The beta release on Tuesday will have a limited set of features that we'll expand over time.

We're also working on showing you the last few games you've played on your profile under the "Recent Games" box which you'll find at the lower right area of the profile page.

Always love the new features to test them out.
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

I would call the codename: Katana. It's gracefull, elegant and was technologically advanced for it's time. Just like AG3

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Oh, and I forgot to ask why my password doesn't work anyore, I really want to help test.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

my password doesn't work anyore, I really want to help test.

Hmm. Interesting. . .

The password to enter the beta or to sign in on AG3 beta?

If it's the enter beta password then just e-mail cormyn about it or clear your cache and make sure you have entered it correctly.

It could be that you've entered it many times before and it doesn't want to work now. . that has happened to me in the past. -_-

If it's logging onto your account then try to change the password here on AG2 and go to AG3 and type it in.
ArmouredLambo
ArmouredLambo
45 posts
Nomad

How do I get into the site?

Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

How do I get into the site?

You can sign up here. Keep up the good information by reading the sticky topics on the forum to keep up the good information about points, forums and if you want to share an idea, put on GetSatisfaction
Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

I also think the next one should be called Katana. It is very japanese, and it sounds graceful.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Tomorrow's release will be called "Scimitar" and will not include the private Inbox. We want to make sure it's done right, and wanted to focus on getting some other stuff polished up.

Our March 8th release will introduce the Inbox and all of its nifty features.

I'm sure "Katana" is on the list somewhere.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Hmm, this name does sound very familiar. . I honestly think that I posted this a while back, but due to my post being off-topic you deleted it so I have no proof.

Well, it's nice to see all these updates coming so fast and the awesome new features along with them.

Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

I was logging in yesterday on beta and then the site got stuck for a while and the enter box got white. I closed the page and opened it again and I was logged in. Weird.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Well, the game history and favorites stuff is working well. We're fixing up a few last minute bugs then we'll do the release.

Showing 1-15 of 22