ForumsGamesEverything Minecraft

2284 507770
Microe
Microe
842 posts
Nomad

hey everyone, I haven't seen any topics about this wonderful game so I thought I would make one.

• 2,284 Replies
idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,270 posts
Nomad

Here's a suggestion for Minecraft:

Instead of making it a giant, endless world, the Minecraft world should be round, just like Earth. That way, you can actually explore everything, and you can make a freeway across the world or something. Of course, this doesn't come without it's downsides. You may eventually run out of supplies, so that would suck. But I still think Notch should try it out.

starcraftfan123
starcraftfan123
254 posts
Nomad

Here's a suggestion for Minecraft:

Instead of making it a giant, endless world, the Minecraft world should be round, just like Earth. That way, you can actually explore everything, and you can make a freeway across the world or something. Of course, this doesn't come without it's downsides. You may eventually run out of supplies, so that would suck. But I still think Notch should try it out.

... SPHERES IN MINECRAFT? WHAT KIND OF BLASPHEMY IS THAT?
iko
iko
161 posts
Nomad

It's a let's play of the most insane mod ever

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,270 posts
Nomad

... SPHERES IN MINECRAFT? WHAT KIND OF BLASPHEMY IS THAT?

I didn't mean that. I just meant your Minecraft world should, well, not be round, i guess, because nothing in Minecraft is round. I guess the Minecraft world should be a square, then :P
Microe
Microe
842 posts
Nomad

I think it should be a rectangle

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

I like the survival mode best.

I'm pretty sure survival is the only mode.

It is. Apparently it is 8 times the size of the real world.

Congratz to the people in CT for failing to get me to check out this game
starcraftfan123
starcraftfan123
254 posts
Nomad

@idontsuckthatmuch

I wasn't trying to criticize you, i was trying to make a joke. but seriously, it's a square, theoretically. when you fall through the void, you see a really big square above you.

GG.

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

I just made the longest rail road ever...

It's littered through an ENTIRE mine that I found that is just outstanding... So huge... It ties all around the mine and when I had to make my own exit with the cart I dug upwards and made a way.

What does it do? Oh that exit out just happened to be directly behind my castle that I made earlier.

Good god it's so fun!

- H

Starwarsfan6161
Starwarsfan6161
142 posts
Nomad

Man.... I want this game soooooooooooooooooooooooo badly!

SeaCucumber
SeaCucumber
15 posts
Nomad

I have a Minecraft question. I was way into it for a long time, but the continual updates have now made it way to slow to play on my computer. It's very disappointing as it's the only game I ever paid to play on my laptop.

See when I bought it I was told my laptop could handle it and it did just fine. But because of all the updates it no longer can. I heard recent updates give you the option of updating or not.

But do you just get an update choice or can you pick a version? Can I go and play on the game in an Alpha state? If not I almost wish there was a way I could get my money back as the original state of the game at it's release mislead me into purchasing it when I cannot play it in it's final version...

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

But do you just get an update choice or can you pick a version? Can I go and play on the game in an Alpha state? If not I almost wish there was a way I could get my money back as the original state of the game at it's release mislead me into purchasing it when I cannot play it in it's final version...

Well look at it this way, since you download the game, and if you've already bought it, the next time you get a new computer or laptop, whatever, it should be able to easily handle all the updates that were added.
Microe
Microe
842 posts
Nomad

I have a Minecraft question. I was way into it for a long time, but the continual updates have now made it way to slow to play on my computer. It's very disappointing as it's the only game I ever paid to play on my laptop.

See when I bought it I was told my laptop could handle it and it did just fine. But because of all the updates it no longer can. I heard recent updates give you the option of updating or not.

When you are inside the game you can go to the settings by pressing esc. There you can change the graphics setting from fancy to fast. That should speed it up a bit. The updates arn't that big, minecraft overall isnt a big game. You should have like 2g of ram though.
killbynight
killbynight
315 posts
Nomad

@SeaCucumber also, if the setting it to fast dosent help enuf, turn render distance to normal, if its still slow set it to short, and then if extreme set it to tiny.

SeaCucumber
SeaCucumber
15 posts
Nomad

I know those things. I play on fast graphics because I like the look better than fancy anyways. But to get a good experience out of the game you really need to play on Normal render distance otherwise you can't even see the sky. I can play on fast graphics on a tiny render distance with the mods that speed up gameplay and that's about it.

No one ever did say that I couldn't go back and play an older version of the game. What frustrates me is I was playing on the highest settings when I first started and it's the updates that have crippled my ability to play the game.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Are you sure it's not other things taking up space on your computer? I've had to deal with space issues for ages until I finally got my own laptop

Anyway, my brother's having some really weird issues. He's made about 10 worlds, and deleted like 5 of them, but on one of the worlds he has found EVERY other world he deleted. Not just the same natural formations (ie the same seed) but all his houses, items, etc, it's all there. He always starts in a different biome and he hasn't yet checked to see if the coordinates match up but I feel that they probably will.

The problem is, he accidentally lost his main save so now he's trying to find that one XD

Also, I made a massive pitch black tower and no hostile mobs will spawn D:<

Showing 196-210 of 2284