Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Everything Minecraft

Posted Apr 14, '12 at 8:45am

Daizidawizard9000

Daizidawizard9000

1,720 posts

Why did Notch have to close down www.minecraftforfree.com? I used to play on it because on another of my computer accounts I have it. But I moved it and ever since the Minecraft for free was down, I can't log in!

Posted Apr 14, '12 at 1:53pm

jeol

jeol

3,964 posts

haha java is one of the essentials for having a computer, it's like not having an unpaid version of win-rar.

I actually had to download winrar on my computer to use mods... It didn't even have the unpaid version.

But he could have an out-of-date version of Java. That might explain the troubles.
I hope I don't sound rude, but learn java and just make it yourself, it's only just changing values in your case so it won't be hard at all, there are mods that change the apperence of ores, but they jack it up alot so I don't think you would want one of those.

That sounds like a legitimately good idea :O I don't know why I never thought of that. Of course, you have to go through about a thousand files and hope that you found the right variable/class/thingymajigger.

Posted Apr 14, '12 at 10:18pm

master565

master565

4,250 posts

Why did Notch have to close down www.minecraftforfree.com?

Because people like you were stealing thousands or millions from him.

Posted Apr 15, '12 at 1:11am

Somewhat49

Somewhat49

1,669 posts

That sounds like a legitimately good idea :O I don't know why I never thought of that. Of course, you have to go through about a thousand files and hope that you found the right variable/class/thingymajigger.

http://www.planetminecraft.com/mod/moar-ores-that-means-more-diamonds-generate-in-your-world/ download this, this is the file that you need to edit in order to change the spawn percentage of the ores, do not use this file from the mod though, edit the one in minecraft.jar since this one is outdated.

Posted Apr 15, '12 at 6:07am

KentyBK

KentyBK

570 posts

http://www.planetminecraft.com/mod/moar-ores-that-means-more-diamonds-generate-in-your-world/ download this, this is the file that you need to edit in order to change the spawn percentage of the ores, do not use this file from the mod though, edit the one in minecraft.jar since this one is outdated.

Except that the class names change inbetween updates to obfuscate the code. Nevermind the fact you'd still need to decompile the class files anyway.

If anyone wants to mod Minecraft, the best solution would be to chack out MCP.

Posted Apr 15, '12 at 1:28pm

jeol

jeol

3,964 posts

Except that the class names change inbetween updates to obfuscate the code. Nevermind the fact you'd still need to decompile the class files anyway.

Yeah, I was about to ask how to edit them... I'm guessing that MCP will do that, however it works?

Posted Apr 15, '12 at 2:39pm

KentyBK

KentyBK

570 posts

Yeah, I was about to ask how to edit them... I'm guessing that MCP will do that, however it works?

Yeah it does. It basically takes your .jar files and decompiles the .class files to .java files, which you can edit with whatever Java IDE you end up using.

It also renames everything so you can find what you want with simple word searches. :V

Posted Apr 16, '12 at 10:19am

Biaka

Biaka

2 posts

Why did Notch have to close down www.minecraftforfree.com?
For what do you need it? You can play on free version, the only bad thing in it is that you can't change your skin for multiplayer properly (or you can? I don't know).

Posted Apr 16, '12 at 11:11am

Ripperman

Ripperman

12 posts

its one of the most greatest games i ever played
[and i played a lot of computer games...]

Posted Apr 18, '12 at 7:28pm

Wyrzen

Wyrzen

327 posts

Is there any way to update the free version of minecraft on your computer?

There is no way I'm paying $26.95 for the game, and I'm cool with limited features, but I'm on version 1.1, while it's on like, 1.2.5 or something.

I mean, I believe there is a way because my friend has the free version and he's fully up to date.

Clicking the 'Force Update' button in the options menu does nothing, by the way. I have tried it multiple times.

Reply to Everything Minecraft

You must be logged in to post a reply!