Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Everything Minecraft

Posted Oct 15, '12 at 11:40pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

2,960 posts

ooooooh! they'er adding an update just for my birthday? i'm so honored! so what's in this update?

Posted Oct 15, '12 at 11:46pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

Really?

Crap, that means I'll be two updates behind.

And I have an Honors Report to hand in in three weeks :/

Posted Oct 16, '12 at 1:44am

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,071 posts

Knight

uld anyone give me some ideas for buildings that i could make out of snow? (Xbox, so no creative mode)

Don't worry, you'll be able to access creative mode on the xbox in about... 3 hours and 15 minutes. Now I need to think of a design for a spleef arena.

Posted Oct 16, '12 at 2:59am

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

2,960 posts

Don't worry, you'll be able to access creative mode on the xbox in about... 3 hours and 15 minutes.

You sure about that? They posted a video about an update of how the update was coming and said that they would say when they had a release date, no word since

Posted Oct 16, '12 at 3:24am

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

2,960 posts

*checks their Facebook page* oh look at that, the adventure update, well that was...shockingly fast, to say the least. Considering how long it took for the update with pistons took so long for much less than this update

Posted Oct 16, '12 at 10:25pm

JeffK3

JeffK3

292 posts

I have to agree some updates to minecraft take way to long. For instance, xp and it having a use took too long (used in the "complete" version)* but somethings like pistons require alot of programming to see how it will react with other block. Like how a piston can push dirt and stone but not obsidian and bedrock. Regardless most of the new content coming out aren't game changing. The only thing that can truly be changing on the computer is the anvil. Having it fall, almost completely repairing items and giving new names.

Posted Oct 17, '12 at 12:49am

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,071 posts

Knight

Well, the Minecraft update came as a mixed blessing. One of the issues I have is how the grass colors of each biome tends to greatly contrast one another, which is very displeasing to look at.

The biomes in my original world were reset. My home is now situated in a Tundra Biome, which means the water around my crops keeps freezing. Luckily, it's fixable - though it will be a lot of work considering how I have everything laid out.

Then there are the docks. I would often travel to my "hunting lodge" on boat. Well, being in the tundra, the lake and the canal are frozen. It's funny though, my boat is actually under the frozen ice, quite humorous to look at. This is an issue I don't intend on fixing.

For some reason, doors don't make any sounds when I open and close them. Yet I could hear them when my friend opened and closed the doors. They could even hear their own doors slam open and shut. I don't get it at all...

But, other than that, the update is pretty awesome. The anti-grief tools are just wonderful and I'm having a blast playing with redstone in creative mode.

Posted Oct 17, '12 at 9:41am

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,071 posts

Knight

I'm creating a world that shows off basic Redstone Logic as well as Latches and Flip-Flops. I discovered what a D Latch and a D Flip-Flop are, and I never knew that there was such a huge difference between the two, despite similar designs.

I'm wondering if anyone knows which Latches and Flip-Flops I should include and which ones I should exclude. To my knowledge, I think it's safe to exclude an RS NAND Latch, while including the RS NOR Latch.

I'll be adding both a D Latch and a D Flip-Flop. Should I also include a JK Flip-Flop (currently, I don't know what a JK Flip-Flop does, so I don't know how important it is). I'll definitely be showing off T-Flip Flops.

Posted Oct 17, '12 at 12:15pm

light_chaser

light_chaser

659 posts

what does a flip flop or a latch do?  I think it would help my redstone creations.

Posted Oct 17, '12 at 12:26pm

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,071 posts

Knight

what does a flip flop or a latch do?  I think it would help my redstone creations.

I'm still not exactly sure to be honest.

A D-Latch allows you to toggle an output off and on with a lever. Then, you could freeze the state of the output with a second lever. So if you used the lever to turn the output on, then froze it, you wouldn't be able to turn it off until you unfroze it. If you froze it after turning the power off, you wouldn't be able to turn it on until you unfroze it.

The D-Flip Flop essentially keeps the mechanism locked the whole time. So hitting the main lever won't do anything until you briefly unfreeze the mechanism.

It's really hard to explain.

LUCKILY, you probably aren't going to use a D-Flip Flop or D-Latch very often.

T-Flip Flops are MUCH easier to explain. Normally when you hit a button, it will only activate for a moment before deactivating (it sends a pulse). A T-Flip flop allows a button to maintain its state. It essentially allows you to use buttons like levers.

If you have xbox live, I could much more easily show you than explain it on here.

Reply to Everything Minecraft

You must be logged in to post a reply!