ForumsNews and Feedback[duplicate suggestion] Player donation

7 2797
Dharok95
Dharok95
19 posts
Nomad

My suggestion is that players can donate from pay pal or whatever and they get extra stuff like more games, a choice in armor game themes, extra points for donating and a VIP on there profile to show that they donated. Can anyone else suggest some more stuff?

• 7 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Donations are fine in my book. I just don't like the idea of compulsory payment *shivers*. The store is technically a donation, meaning you get some neat stuff by buying it. AG recently upped the ante on some new items, so I'm just waiting for what they think of next. I wanna buy the pack-a-derm, but I need to get paid first :S

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

I don't really like more games,extra points etc... because I think that it is kinda cheap. It is like saying "You want better games?? Pay us!!" Like in bloons tower defense 4, they always remind you on Kong you can get better upgrades by donating to the game developers that made BTD4. Like here:

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/2206/screenshot20110209at807.png

Dharok95
Dharok95
19 posts
Nomad

The games might not be better than the ones that are free, btw How do you think they keep this site up?

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

Well, Dan Mcneely who made this site, payed out of his own pocket. They have contracts with other gaming sites like Miniclip and Kongregate to keep games made by them on the front page longer. And also, see those ads on the side?? Those are used to make money so whenever somebody clicks on them, AG gets $$$. You want to give AG some money but don't want to pay?? Click those ads a whole bunch of times.

Dharok95
Dharok95
19 posts
Nomad

Unfortunately most people have adblockplus so we don't see them i i see your point now

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

I have it, but I disable it for a few seconds while I click a crapload of ads. =P

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We've discussed the idea of a donation/paid user level and it didn't go very far. If you like the idea enough, bug Dan, but we don't have any plans to introduce a &quotaid" user account that gets anything extra on the web site.

Showing 1-7 of 7