ForumsNews and FeedbackGame counter

21 5794
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

I've seen threads before asking how many games are on the site and so far, I've only seen rough estimates. So basically, my idea is that on AG3, a simple counter on the homepage says something along the lines of "...games added" and where the ellipses are, a number of how many games on the site could be displayed.

• 21 Replies
Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

I think that would be a good idea and maybe how many games you have added to favorites information would be good too and a number of friends/followers you have. I think there are like 1980 games in the site :P

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

What??? They are almost 10k!
And yes, some stats would be nice. Maybe also the % of games in every category, the % of users from each nation, etc...

Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

What??? They are almost 10k!

I don't think so. If you go here you will see that are not 10,000 games in the site. And I never saw anyone with more than 1,950 games rated.
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

if that list is correct then there are 1955 games. and people really rate all the games to get points????

Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

if that list is correct then there are 1955 games.

I don't think that list is correct because Cormyn has more than 1955 games. Maybe a number of times you have played a random game would be nice too.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

*cracks knuckles*

Method 1:

10 games per column

3 games per row

65 pages of games, plus 5 left over

10x3x65+3 = 1955 total games, almost 2000.

Method 2:

10 games per column
3 games per row

Action: 11 pages + 29
Adventure: 7 pages + 15
Arcade: 5 pages + 8
Shooting: 7 pages + 23
Puzzle&Skill: 17 pages + 28
Strategy: 6 pages + 6
Sports: 3 pages + 9
Misc: 5 pages + 8

Combine like terms: 30(61) + 126
Total = 1956 (one game left out of category/all or miscount?)

Cormyn may still have the rating glitch still on him. His total list count (remembered from the last thread) probably has the total games ever submitted on the site, both official and unofficial, rejected ones.
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

I'm sure that AG has a database with all this information or a easy way to retrieve it all.

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

Ummm... But why the number of the games in the first page is 10000+ so??

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

I'm sure that AG has a database with all this information or a easy way to retrieve it all.

I'm sure they do, it's just I think it would be nice if there was a little counter or something at the top that said how many games they had. Similar to what they have on websites where at the top of the page, they say "...members and growing!"
Also, if they had that and you noticed a change in the numbers, you could assume there was a new game.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Cormyn may still have the rating glitch still on him

Nope, I've really played all of them and rated them accordingly. 1900 games in a year isn't that hard of a feat. Some of those games are no longer active too as we sometimes remove games (who remembers the Human Target ad campaign and "game"?). I also get to play/rate games before they go live on the site too.

The 10k value is just an identifier. We have 6,327 games in the system. 1956 of them are live, 45 were approved but taken offline, and the rest were never approved. Keep in mind that every game submission we're sent by users get added to the database, but we don't necessarily approve/activate the games.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Oh okay, so the other games you rated aside from the 1956 aren't active anymore. That explains it. Yeah, I was explaining the game database, but couldn't find the exact word :$

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

We have 6,327 games in the system. 1956 of them are live

Wow...I never knew that...so basically, less than a third of games actually make it onto the site?
Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

We have 6,327 games in the system. 1956 of them are live

Why so many games didn't go to the public?? They are inappropriate and they are out of the conditions?
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I can't say, that would be up to Dan and Justin and whoever else screens the game.

bittersticky
bittersticky
24 posts
Nomad

why not have these games in the system go head to head and people would rate them and the one with the highest rating would stay on the website

Showing 1-15 of 21