ForumsPopular MediaWhat you hate about movies

49 9771
Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,748 posts
Nomad

Basically, there may be one or two things that you generally hate about movies, or things happening in movies that you hate. Whether it be cliches or something that happened to you when you where a kid, share what things you hate about movies.

Me, I hate movies where old men die. Especially those ones that old men are jolly, and old-fashioned.

• 49 Replies
Thomas1st2
Thomas1st2
1,943 posts
Peasant

I hate movies that are like the 4th sequel to a diffrent movie and it is not a refernce at all like the new Bourne Movie they mixed it with the Inception and it looks crap but the old ones were amazing

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

I hate it when they give away the entire story in the previews

That and if they have something in a commercial that's not in the movie.
While I'm thinking about it, I also don't like movies where the bad guys are complete idiots.
Kid movie: "Whoa!" *slip*
Kid movie kid: "Haha! you cracked your skull open!
Kid watching movie: Haha! he cracked his skull open! Giggle, giggle, giggle...
Me: Some children scare me O_o
SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

That and if they have something in a commercial that's not in the movie.
While I'm thinking about it, I also don't like movies where the bad guys are complete idiots.
Kid movie: "Whoa!" *slip*
Kid movie kid: "Haha! you cracked your skull open!
Kid watching movie: Haha! he cracked his skull open! Giggle, giggle, giggle...
Me: Some children scare me O_o

Lol, i agree with the commercials and idiotic characters... Maybe the kids too ha ha they can be creepy
drwfan
drwfan
6 posts
Nomad

I hate movies of books. I mean if someones going to make a film of a book it should follow the story. for example, percy jackson:
1. No Clarisse in the film.
2. Annebeth is clearly described as having blonde hair.
3. Grover is clearly described as having curly hair.
4. Percy never ever ever uses the flying shoes. ever. its grover who uses them.
5. Percy doesn't control water like that in the first book.
6. The hydra isn't in the first book.
7. Percy gets given the pearls by a nymphy thingy and they dont travel all over america for them.
8. Percy doesn't fight Ares in the film which is a major thong in later books.
9. Grover doesn't stay behind in the underworld they leave Percy's mum behind.
10. Chiron is clearly described as a white stallion from the waist down.
11. The entrance to olympus is not through a door at the top of the building but at the bootom through a lift where you need a keycard to get up.

drwfan
drwfan
6 posts
Nomad

"8. Percy doesn't fight Ares in the film which is a major thong in later books."
sorry i meant "major thing"

coshkun
coshkun
169 posts
Nomad

I hate movies with bad ending anf bad scenery and scenes.

Esanx
Esanx
41 posts
Nomad

I hate when they make unneeded sequels. =/

silvermoon123
silvermoon123
855 posts
Nomad

Adding to the crying list, I avoid almost all movies with dogs because they often end in the dog's death. I don't like that. I don't see why you would want to be sad.

silvermoon123
silvermoon123
855 posts
Nomad

Oh and being a fan of Percy Jackson, I do have a few things to say to drwfan.

1. No Clarisse in the film.

She didn't serve too big a part that book, if there is a sequel and she doesn't show up, then there are issues.
2. Annebeth is clearly described as having blonde hair.
3. Grover is clearly described as having curly hair.

Actors shouldn't be based on looking the part, but acting it.
6. The hydra isn't in the first book.

Again, if they leave it out when it matters, that's bad. I liked the hydra scene in the movie, though.
8. Percy doesn't fight Ares in the film which is a major thong in later books.

Lol, 'thing'. See & 6.
10. Chiron is clearly described as a white stallion from the waist down.
11. The entrance to olympus is not through a door at the top of the building but at the bootom through a lift where you need a keycard to get up.

Oh, picky picky. I understand if you don't like stories being changed when they are made into movies, but telling the story exactly the same but in a different format seems silly. Make improvements. It's like folktales, like The Odyssey. There are tons of different versions, all just a little different than another. That's like the book to movie thing. If a good change is made, great. If bad changes that lack the quality of the original are, read the book.
metalwill
metalwill
147 posts
Shepherd

I hate movies that are unnecessarily long, like Shutter Island. You could take an hour out of the middle of it and it would still make perfect sense.

Also, I hate how everyone is so dumb in horror movies. "Lets hide in the basement, which only has one exit and the killer will be coming through it!".

naoso
naoso
96 posts
Nomad

I hate when its that put on acting you casn just tell.

I hate when a movie has a really great story line and its running fine and next thing you know it goes downhill fast.

I hate when they try to make a funny joke and your just like facepalm.

I hate seeing a love story that the main guy/girl dont shag they just kiss hello i want to see a flash of the old boob

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,270 posts
Nomad

I hate cliche movies. You can always predict what's going to happen next, and it takes all the fun out of watching a movie.
I also hate movies that start out great, but start being really crappy and stay that way until the end.
I hate bad acting, like the previous guy said.
Aaaandd, that's it. Not trying to be too negative, but many movies simply suck nowadays.

metalwill
metalwill
147 posts
Shepherd

Aaaandd, that's it. Not trying to be too negative, but many movies simply suck nowadays

That's because movie makers rely way too much on computers these days. Directors aren't forced to be creative anymore.
WinteryTrance
WinteryTrance
58 posts
Nomad

What I loathe about movies is the new unneeded scheme by Hollywood to break the movie into 2 or more parts like the recent Harry Potter flick as that just demonstrates the simple fact that the average movie-goer have to pay more just to see the resolution of a film in exchange for a six-month wait whereas some people would like to watch the entire narrative unfold in one sitting.

Also the quality of films have declined due to the fact that 3-D films are not as true as they may claim--most are digitally editted in post-production to make it look like real 3-D such as Clash of the Titans.

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,366 posts
Nomad

I hate it when characters make obvious common-sense mistakes. Come on! Some supernatural killer is after you, and you go and back up to a window??

Showing 16-30 of 49