ForumsGame Walkthroughs{necro}GemCraft Labyrinth- it's totally out now

374 306965
osanseviero
osanseviero
38 posts
Nomad

Hello, i am just reserving here a post, i am osan and i love making reviews and walkthroughs, and my first here in AG will be a full walkthrough and review, this is just reserved (i will edit this post when game is out)

i am thinking of puting images and strategies, plus suggestions and other thins, but if you want any (please not a video) specific thing just tell me and i will work on that

• 374 Replies
travcm
travcm
8 posts
Shepherd

No need to be rude. I mistook the amulet type for journey amulets, which actually might have 1-2 that require giants only. The challenge amulets have 6 that you cannot get (wave 100) and a few 7,000 monster kill levels that might be impossible even with insane amounts of summoning (especially c11).

Btw, your comment about is being impossible to reach wave 100 doesn't hold true to crafting pylon stages.

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

True. we can pwn all 1337 waves of a pylon without premium. I should be able to attempt it in about...10-20 wizard levels, or next pylon. Whichever.

animedyum
animedyum
2 posts
Jester

I don't know if anyone mentioned (sorry if I double it) the targeting priority of gems.
1-Select the gem on the tower
2-Hold shift and click
3-You'll see at the bottom of the little popup screen that it has several targetings (random, most banishment cost, structure, least hp)

travcm
travcm
8 posts
Shepherd

Yes, also if you click on a creep all towers within range will fire at it (as long as it's highlighted)

pbhead
pbhead
8 posts
Nomad

Thought I would mention (since i havent seen it mentioned yet) that ritual and initial mana are BAD SKILLS. Once again, the max cost of increasing mana pool is limited by the mana pool size, and hence, these skills increase the mana required to up the mana multiplier once this limit is reached. (btw, I havent brought premium yet, I want to beat the game on "hard mode" before I go to "easy mode" :-p

travcm
travcm
8 posts
Shepherd

initial mana is essential at a higher level or if you do full endurance playthroughs. ritual is useless unless you've played a ton and have thousands of accumulated amulets

vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad

I really expect that after a certain level mana pool skill becomes bad, but you need your mana pool to be a big enough size to accumulate all the mana from the wild gem, which can exceed 6k at the higher levels, so you have to either have ritual to enhance your pool, or initial pool.

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

having a higher initial capacity is not bad, as it was in chapter 0, since a gigantic mana multiplier does not enhance your score, AND it's relatively easy to make a gem that fills up the mana bar in one frame. Thus, increased strting capacity is now beneficial, at least up to a certain point. Plus, ritual (or at least a few levels of it) can at least be a cheap alternative to initial pool.

pbhead
pbhead
8 posts
Nomad

well, heres the thing: Right now the waves are capped at 3 billion or so hp. While score is not directly connected to the mana multiplier anymore... when the cap is lifted... (and after lime and yellow gems are nerfed... which i expect) that mana multiplier will be very, very important for how high one can go.

It will be very intresting to see if the slower start (use your wild gem for a bit before you throw it away) is worth the cheapness of the mana pool upgrade.

That said... if you have a gem that can fill up a mana bar in a single frame... then mana pool upgrade cost doesnt matter, obviously. However, a smaller initial mana pool makes that gem easier to create.... and I have a feeling you would hit your mana pool limit before you finish your super mana gem... no matter what initial pool size you had.

Either way... I wanna see this gem of yours. :-)

Microe
Microe
842 posts
Nomad

What new gem o.o???

travcm
travcm
8 posts
Shepherd

Mana pool skill is also important so you don't waste time or mana when you do have a gem that fills up your pool so quickly. When I played endless with a relatively low mana pool skill is was quite annoying to get my mana pool to the 2 million mark, so I could duplicate gems high level gems. It only increased max mana by 1800 or so at a time and the cost was nearly as high as my pool, so a lot of mana was wasted.

I boosted the skill by 30 or so levels and it was much less tedious. I could play while holding down M and never waste mana.

vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad

hmm, indeed, to fill up a zero-skilled mana pool you need a lot smaller gem, probably a whole grade lower than to fill the buffed-up pool, maybe even two grades lower one. This does help in enhancing mana pool, but does not remove the need to build a big gem to eliminate angered monsters (if one would decide to do that), and this involves more hassle because of the smaller mana pool size, and the ability to duplicate gems which helps loads here is the key. But one could instead hover over a G14 and hold D instead of manapooling like crazy, once the required gem is built, and pause the game every few frames to create a big gem out of these duplicated G14s.

insaneflyz
insaneflyz
3 posts
Farmer

Just to confirm here. A13 seems to be revealed with the "Kill 12 Apparitions" Journey Amulet. Anyone able to back that up?

osanseviero
osanseviero
38 posts
Nomad

A1 : Don't have that one yet
A13: Kill 12 Apparitions (Journey Amulet)
M1 : 7000 monsters C11 (Challenge Amulet)
M13: Wave 100 on K9 (Challenge Amulet)

sjjellybean
sjjellybean
1 posts
Nomad

ok guys I need some serious help I have been stuck on C3 for DAYS. I am level 102 there HAS to be a way to beat this level but I am stuck...any thoughts?

Showing 76-90 of 374