Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

{necro}GemCraft Labyrinth- it's totally out now

Thread Locked

Posted Feb 23, '11 at 9:33pm

fractalman

fractalman

433 posts

@zoar: you don't need more wizard levels, that's for sure!

...Use a red gem+amplifiers from now untill...third or fourth epic, I would think think. Set monsters to armored only in the battle setttings, because that will guarantee no evil swarm waves.
Anger any wave with at least 11 mana gain/kill with at least one grade 1.  Do not over anger!
...I did not use exactly airdecade's setup, but it was very similar. 

On a related note, I hate swarms.

Posted Feb 24, '11 at 6:22am

BaneWilliams

BaneWilliams

9 posts

So my thought about Labyrinth is the following.

It could be an awesome game, but you are forced to choose red at some point, no matter what you are doing.

This lowers player choice (unless you are choosing to gimp yourself) and makes the game all about red gems.

Posted Feb 24, '11 at 6:28am

vesperbot

vesperbot

986 posts

well, once you get wild gem, get lime and orange, break the gem on an anvil to get mana, and make a mana generator. This helps avoiding using red gems, especially once you will add yellow.

Posted Feb 24, '11 at 9:35am

xoarr

xoarr

8 posts

AirDecade

thanks for the help, the left, right, left, right tactics works, moved forward, those were the hardest levels so far. I also changed "always 3x speed" to rather "sometimes 3x speed" which helped too :P

M

Posted Feb 24, '11 at 10:43am

ShadowRebelz

ShadowRebelz

2 posts

is it finished yet

Posted Feb 24, '11 at 2:43pm

xoarr

xoarr

8 posts

@vaesperbot
so, mana generator is a one-trap with 6 amplifiers around? or some other scary thing? :)
regs
M

Posted Feb 24, '11 at 8:30pm

xoarr

xoarr

8 posts

So, as a sumup:
1. What are mana generators?
2. How to get access to corner-fields?
3. Is everyone like me winning new field without easy? (even if level 45, low, still thou)
4. What are shadows?
:)
regs
M

Posted Feb 24, '11 at 9:36pm

BaneWilliams

BaneWilliams

9 posts

#1 - no idea
#2 - specific challenge/journey amulets unlock them. K-9 unlocks M-13 for instance
#3 - Your sentence makes no sense.. what is 'without easy'?
#4 - Continue the story and you'll find out :P

Posted Feb 24, '11 at 11:03pm

fractalman

fractalman

433 posts

Mana generator gem is a L/O/x gem in labyrinth.  the x may be anything, including "null" (just a lime/orange gem).  unlike in chapter 0, where a mere grade 3 R/O was sufficient to generate gobs of mana (if supergemmed properly), you have to get to around grade 10 or so before the mana gain from the gem starts to be insane

...I win new fields, but my difficulty stems from my old habits of intense angering, which keeps getting me in trouble.  (102 monsters with 2000 hp and 300 armor, would've meant nothing to me in chapter 0, but killed me here since I'm not strong enough to establish a mana generator.)

Posted Feb 25, '11 at 1:56am

vesperbot

vesperbot

986 posts

1. A mana generator is indeed a single L/O/anything gem. You need to start on a level with L or O to have an easier start with this. But if you would start with O only, or you would have a wild gem (I don't have access to the skill yet), it gives some mana and could even appear as L/O, so just use this ;)

2. Do challenges and collect journey amulets. If you are not premium, it's quite possible that you won't be able to unlock corners.

3. Yes, I think, at least I have troubles in opening fields - I have once resorted to having a level run with swarm only, otherwise I couldn't win the level - even at 1.00 difficulty. However, the farther into the game, the easier it could become, especially if you will learn how to build mana generators with a good initial setup.

4. Haven't found them yet.