ForumsGame Walkthroughs{necro}GemCraft Labyrinth- it's totally out now

374 306888
osanseviero
osanseviero
38 posts
Nomad

Hello, i am just reserving here a post, i am osan and i love making reviews and walkthroughs, and my first here in AG will be a full walkthrough and review, this is just reserved (i will edit this post when game is out)

i am thinking of puting images and strategies, plus suggestions and other thins, but if you want any (please not a video) specific thing just tell me and i will work on that

• 374 Replies
Ruffyl
Ruffyl
73 posts
Nomad

@Vasnier, I've seen it claimed by a bloke with a video to back it up that M1 is unlocked by killing 200,000 monsters.

If that's true I still have another 65,000 monsters to kill although I've finished the game and have five challenge amulets. Hopefully by the time I've got the rest of them I'll be there.

Ruffyl
Ruffyl
73 posts
Nomad

@Berkeleyjake, here's my solution for field M10 at level 39-ish. I managed M10 first time at a similar level this way:

Max out dual gem mastery or as close as possible. You can unlock yellow for lime/yellow dual gems, but I did it with lime/purple.

Build a spiral maze. Start with walls against three sides of the orb, put the strongest gem you can make in a tower nearby, and work outwards. Build towers about every 3 squares in the wall until you have at least 4 towers and needless to say make sure there's only one entrance. And that should do it. Amplifiers are good if you want to use them, but they're not strictly necessary.

Ruffyl
Ruffyl
73 posts
Nomad

@Marcipaans, re your questions, this is what works for me.

Wild Gem - I always max it out. Either I use the gem or more often I sell it. Occasionally I start by using it and sell it later. You get a lot of mana for your skill points with the wild gem.

Triple Gem Mastery - I max it out if I use it but sometimes I use dual instead i.e. lime/yellow. Triple gives a much bigger bonus than dual but if you don't have any useful colours at the outset it's cheaper to unlock two than three. Depends on your objectives for that battle. If you're just trying to make progress in the labyrinth, not make score of the century or win challenge amulets, then be flexible and use what's available, unless you encounter one of the relatively few difficult fields.

Gem Masteries - I max out masteries in two or three of Bloodbound, Max Damage, Chain Hit and Mana Gain, depending on the field and the type of battle.

Replenish - I played the whole game without exceeding 58, and usually much less. Personally I wouldn't go over 63 which is the highest level that you can buy for 5 skill points. I'd rather invest the points elsewhere. You get diminishing returns the higher you go in any skill.

Focus - Yes, I invest as little as possible without making it difficult to sell the wild gem.

vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad

I have settled at 20 with focus, you can manapool 3 times at once then sell wild gem without having mana overflow (I'm not premium yet). Probably one would need a little more if they have gembombs skill maxed, but, ritual might help.

Ruffyl
Ruffyl
73 posts
Nomad

Whoa, that's even lower than me. I usually have Focus set at 23. Maybe I'll try going lower then. I have premium but I don't use either of the skills you mentioned. I tested Ritual once and decided that it was a waste of skill points. It might be useful if you've got a lot more battle amulets than I do. The only premium skills which I use are Triple Mastery, Magnify and Powerful shrines.

mk1
mk1
11 posts
Shepherd

you do not use Banisher? btw. how high do you get the damage skill? I currently try it with 50 (+80%) because I want to get that cahllenge amulet with 1000 raw damage but I usually have it 30%-50%

Ruffyl
Ruffyl
73 posts
Nomad

@Marcipaans,

I've just remembered that there were a few fields where I used the wild gem but didn't max it out. Sometimes a third colour that I didn't want was introduced after Level 11, so I'd only invest that far, or sometimes even lower because the colour that I really wanted (usually yellow) was getting diluted. You need to test it out a bit.

kuam
kuam
41 posts
Nomad

i like gemie

Ruffyl
Ruffyl
73 posts
Nomad

@mk1,

If I have a spare 2 points left over I might occasionally put it into Banisher just so as not to waste them, but generally I don't plan to let any monsters escape so I don't invest for that.

I'm similar to you on Resonance. I usually have it set at 23 (+35%) which is the point at which it starts going up in increments of only 1%, and you have to pay 7+ points per level. But I cranked it up to 46 (+70%) when I went for the challenge amulet for the gem with 1000 raw max damage.

mk1
mk1
11 posts
Shepherd

Yeah but in Unlimited...?
and where do you spend all the other skill points? I mean, Wild Gem, Recharge, Radiance, Forge, Construction, Focus on 20, Resonance on 23 and some Replenish, thats far from adding up to 1000 skill points or how much you have after finishing the game...?

vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad

Maxing Flexibility helps, mainly in mana pooling cost decrease. Replenish so far rocks, I have it at ~50 this time, and I'm under level 100. I max R/Y/L/O masteries as well. I think the rest is to be split evenly in replenish and resonance.

Ruffyl
Ruffyl
73 posts
Nomad

I've got 971 skill points right now, but I have levelled up 7 times today since winning the game in the course of getting challenge amulets. I won the game at wizard level 80 and suddenly now I'm level 87.

For the final epic battle at wizard level 80 I had them at Focus 25, Replenish 54, Forge 23, Construction 20, Multiple Damage 20, Chain Hit 20, Magnify 30, Dual Gems 10, Powerful Shrines 20, Wild Gem 20, Resonance 23 and Recharge 13, with 0 points left over. A few hours later I'm swimming in extra skill points but I've been doing challenges so they've been all over the place.

I've only played four Unlimited battles, mostly for challenge amulets. I went through the entire labyrinth first on the basic settings, just to win the game, and I've only played about one third of the fields in the labyrinth more than once. I really dislike grinding.

When I played those Unlimited battles, I used yellow/lime/orange for giants only, or red/lime for swarm only, and aside from Resonance for the 1000 max damage amulet, I didn't tweak any skills. But look, my scores aren't high. I only play to have fun.

Ruffyl
Ruffyl
73 posts
Nomad

LOL Vesperbot thanks for mentioning Flexibility because I never even noticed it was there!!

Looks pretty useful actually.

Ruffyl
Ruffyl
73 posts
Nomad

Awwww Flexibility, what a useful skill. It's ultra cheap and you're so right Vesperbot, maxing it out really does let you reduce Focus to 20 and still sell your wild gem after 3 Extend Mana Pools.

I was incredibly unobservant about it I admit but why did they put it in between yellow and blue mastery? I kinda vaguely assumed it must be mastery for one of the colours I don't find very useful. Duh.

pepe128
pepe128
1 posts
Nomad

I need help with level H2, my wizard level is 51...

Showing 136-150 of 374