ForumsGame Walkthroughs{necro}GemCraft Labyrinth- it's totally out now

374 306954
osanseviero
osanseviero
38 posts
Nomad

Hello, i am just reserving here a post, i am osan and i love making reviews and walkthroughs, and my first here in AG will be a full walkthrough and review, this is just reserved (i will edit this post when game is out)

i am thinking of puting images and strategies, plus suggestions and other thins, but if you want any (please not a video) specific thing just tell me and i will work on that

• 374 Replies
Dragonmaster0283
Dragonmaster0283
17 posts
Nomad

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z230/Dragonmaster0283/Sigandothers/GCL7x700.jpg  From my last post fixed.

From my last post fixed since it didnt copy right.

Dragonmaster0283
Dragonmaster0283
17 posts
Nomad

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z230/Dragonmaster0283/Sigandothers/GCL7x700.jpg

From my last post fixed again, stupid clipboard.

Ruffyl
Ruffyl
73 posts
Nomad

@JimClowe, @DragonMaster0283, @AirDecade

Thanks again for giving so much information and help. Unfortunately, like some others, I have followed every suggestion you've made, to the letter, and still no amulet.

I am finishing every single battle with exactly 7 gems on the field which have 700+ non-combined kills, and no other gems at all. I've tried numerous different fields. I've tried unlimited battles, ordinary battles with extra waves, epic battles and corner fields. I've tried dual, triple and pure gems. In most of my attempts, no other gems were ever destroyed for mana, and no shrines were built.

There has to be a logical explanation for the fact that some people get this amulet and some don't when we seem to be doing the same things. There's some sort of bug for sure. I am beginning to wonder

- whether it has something to do with when we started playing the game relative to the game version
- whether it's impossible to get this amulet after you've won the game (did all of you get the amulet before winning?)
- whether it's impossible to get this amulet after some other event has already happened on your journey.

Ruffyl
Ruffyl
73 posts
Nomad

Guys, I've cracked it. Or to be more accurate, debugged it.

After I wrote "In most of my attempts, no other gems were ever destroyed for mana", I suddenly thought, hold on a minute, I lied, I'm in the habit of maxing out the wild gem and selling that at the start of every battle.

So I tried again without any wild gem and literally did not destroy any gem for its mana. And this time, I got the 7x700 amulet.

Thank heaven, but mainly you guys.

For the record:

I used field F4, swarm only, +20 waves. My gems were both pure lime and dual lime/red. At the end of the battle I had exactly 7 gems on the field all with 700+ non-combined kills. Six of the gems were in amplifiers surrounding the last gem to qualify, which was a grade 8 dual.

Yay. Now all I have to do is kill a shedload of shadows, raid some more tombs, take up gem bombing for a hobby and win about a hundred more battles and I'll have every single amulet in the game. :P

jimclowe
jimclowe
10 posts
Peasant

Sounds really hit and miss when it comes to getting this amulet because I know I sold the wild gem to start off yet I had absolutely no luck using dual or triple gems for the 700 kills. I guess people having problems getting this amulet are just going to have to try all different combinations to see what works for them.

Ruffyl
Ruffyl
73 posts
Nomad

I guess so. A couple of people in the comments are now saying that the only thing that worked for them was not using the forge to duplicate gems. So that's another thing for people to try before giving up.

Ruffyl
Ruffyl
73 posts
Nomad

Actually you know, given the apparent randomness, it's most likely that there's some simple bug that reads the wrong piece of game data, and the game data is different for each player, so all our theories about 'the only thing that works for me' are based on unrelated coincidences. It's impossible to verify, since the amulet is a one-off achievement.

Gez
Gez
26 posts
Nomad

The "no more than two gems at once" amulet is probably bugged as well, since I got it without trying to, with a single tower + five amplifier setup, all gemmed up, so there were six gems in play. I guess only one was "active" since the others were in amplifiers, but I have had similar setups in other fields before without getting the amulet, so...

Dragonmaster0283
Dragonmaster0283
17 posts
Nomad

I know I def destroyed my wild gem on both of my got's and it worked just fine. Its the first thing I do every time (well 2nd thing as I first extend mana once). Perhaps you have to "Win" the map for it to count (when you "lose" in endurance its not counting) and the amulet only shows up after the match is done, not the second you hit 7 gems with 700. But I definitely X'ed and duplicated my gems during both of my 7x700 gets on a full 1337 endurance. My guess is that its the "lose" condition when a mob destroys your orb on endurance but you still technically "win" the map for xp.

Ruffyl
Ruffyl
73 posts
Nomad

Yes alright, I accept that the wild gem theory was wrong. But every theory proposed so far has been disproved by someone else having a conflicting experience. That's what needs to be explained.

I think it's a bug, and I hope that GiaB will fix it.

AirDecade
AirDecade
23 posts
Shepherd

Found a very easy way to farm 200 000 monsters killed without premium.
Field D4.
The idea is to get several low-damage (1k-3k damage without multiple damage) gems with good chain hit component by the time the shadow comes. The shadow will spawn lots of weak monsters (1.5k-3k health each) that you can easily kill. But your gems won't damage the shadow at all. So the shadow will keep on spawning more and more monsters. Their number raises, but their HP and armor stays the same. So you can leave the game running for an hour or two and come back to see 200k monsters killed

CBauman
CBauman
7 posts
Nomad

Hey, I was wondering if anyone could help me with Field K3
I'm currently level 44 with 416 skill points. Can anyone help me with a basic strategy for this level? Or even K5 for that matter.
Thanks!

AirDecade
AirDecade
23 posts
Shepherd
CBauman
CBauman
7 posts
Nomad

Brilliant
thank you

CBauman