minicop

minicop

2 posts

Thank you.

Posted Jul 8, '11 at 3:45pm

UgAhgItHurts

UgAhgItHurts

140 posts

It isn't that horrible to toss down traps earlier. I start them at grade 6 whenever I have enough mana to throw that out (kill gem > 9, mana pool costs about that much, how annoying it is to get the shrine kills...) They aren't spectacular, but better than useless :)

Focus is important for low skill point endurance. Having to mana-pool 8k times instead of 4k or 6k is a hugely annoying. See 22nd or 23rd post here.

Posted Jul 22, '11 at 1:26am

hoffmeister

hoffmeister

5 posts

This is how you do it!

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/4986/tempdelete.jpg

Posted Jul 22, '11 at 3:46am

georgethebob

georgethebob

3 posts

This is the game that really got me hooked on this site. I have spent entirely too much time playing it. More so than on many platform games. Already looking forward to the next release.

Posted Jul 22, '11 at 9:08am

Nemenemenes

Nemenemenes

24 posts

Hi Gemcrafters,

Firstly, I want to mention that Gemcraft is my favorite browser game. But after beating Endurance mode a couple of times, the game got pretty boring for me. Because it is like doing the same thing every time. Setup the mana farm, crate a high grade gem surrounded by amplifiers, bomb the waves and wait for the mana pool to grow so that you can upgrade gems. I am about level 850 right now and it takes more than 5 hours to beat an endurance level. I know it will be shorter as I level up but it is not worth it in my opinion.

I hope Peter designs the next game in such a way that it will force players to create different strategies for each level. Because in GC Labyrinth, you can beat every level doing the same thing: mana farm + high grade gem.

Posted Jul 22, '11 at 12:30pm

Gremlion

Gremlion

494 posts

You can beat almost any "strategic" game by accumulating resources and upgrading your units.

I can say that you spend too much time on endurance.Maybe you tried to gembomb EACH wave? You don't need, exp based on "waves beaten". Average endurance need ~1-1,5 hours and ~30-40 mins of attention.

Posted Jul 22, '11 at 1:37pm

RyanM561

RyanM561

4 posts

What is the highest experience level that can be reached without cheating?  Assuming you beat all levels on the highest settings (including endurance), achieved all possible amulets outside of the levels and inside each level, etc. etc. etc.

Posted Jul 23, '11 at 5:41am

Nemenemenes

Nemenemenes

24 posts

@Gremlion: I know the exp is not related to summoning. I gembomb the first 130 or so waves 4-5 times so that I can improve my mana pool and it takes too long at my level. Once I get grade 29 L/Y gem I call all the waves and the rest is done in about 10-15 minutes. My last run was faster than the previous run and I know it will be faster in the next run. I guess, my runs will be around 1-1,5 hours as well when I get to level 3000 or so. It is all about skill points.

Posted Jul 23, '11 at 6:33am

Gremlion

Gremlion

494 posts

What is the highest experience level that can be reached without cheating?  Assuming you beat all levels on the highest settings (including endurance), achieved all possible amulets outside of the levels and inside each level, etc. etc. etc.

Around 17000-18000. ~21 thrln exp summary afaik.
At 9000+ one level already need more than 1,5mln exp.

@Gremlion: I know the exp is not related to summoning. I gembomb the first 130 or so waves 4-5 times so that I can improve my mana pool and it takes too long at my level. Once I get grade 29 L/Y gem I call all the waves and the rest is done in about 10-15 minutes.

There it is. You underestimate your trap. After setting decent manafarm i summon ~1000 monsters per wave with duplicated gems.
my video with some tips.
Disregard gem building strategy. Now i know better one.

Posted Jul 23, '11 at 6:43am

Nemenemenes

Nemenemenes

24 posts

I am stuck. I was close to the end of the Endurance run (after about 3 hours) and I opened Options window and now I cannot go back when I click "Continue Playing". This is the first time this happens. Any ideas how I can go back?

@Gremlion: I will try your strategy in my next try, thanks. Do you have a better gem building strategy than the one in the video?

Reply to GemCraft Labyrinth: General Discussion

You must be logged in to post a reply!