ForumsFlash Games

GemCraft Labyrinth: General Discussion

Posted Apr 4, '12 at 2:04am

mrgosciniak

mrgosciniak

1 post

ANNOYING?!?!?!?!
God i cant i cant i cant!!!
I am 490 lvl summoner and please say me what i am doing wrong.
Its start to be boring for me because i cant reach on maps no more than 200-800k xp.. usually i use l/y and o/l/y toweers. I tried combination with traps but it doesnt work good. For now better towers.. Ofc always 8 amplifiers.. What i do bad? I never created 12 lvl gem..

Posted Apr 4, '12 at 1:02pm

ifju

ifju

90 posts

@mrgosciniak:
1) Sell wild gem immediately, and create useful gem from it's price.
2) Use L+O in a trap. As it is buggy, it will bring tremendous mana as you increase it's Grade. (it starts to rock from Grade10-12)
3) SUMMON. SUMMON and SUMMON more. You need to summon more Giant monsters to harvest more mana from them with the LO in trap. Needs some practice to know your actual limits.
4) Watch gremlion's tutorials several times to understand the key concepts.

Posted Apr 15, '12 at 6:40am

Shepherdet

Shepherdet

1 post

I would first like to say that everything i say here about this game should come with the pretense that i give this game a 88/100 as far as tower defense games go. A very great installment to the Gemcraft saga.

Gemcraft is a great game series. I have played them all and about a month ago i purchased the premium version of the game and started the haul. I got to be honest, not much has changed but the concept is always refreshing, for i play ungodly amount of tower defense games. Long story short... the bomb system, lightning and bolt shrines are completely useless. Bombs should be way more powerful because you character losses that gem forever and should be increased in power 10-fold. Shrines to especially because there ablities are nerfed and hardly kill anything considering the fact that you...again...lose the gem forever. I have a level 104 "Wizard" and i am noticing that every ability has a time and place but....alas there are some balancing issues. Especially in endurance mode. Most missions (on endurance mode) now, even with the best combinations, only last about 130-140 depending on original difficulty. Maybe some special damage abilities unlock after level 100. Anyway like i said before its a great game and i still smash the crap out of it weekly. Crushing baddies is way to much fun and the amount/scale of them....insane. Strategy is good, story is ok.

DEFINITELY TRY THIS GAME YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!!!

Posted Apr 15, '12 at 7:25am

Gremlion

Gremlion

501 posts

rofl.

Posted Apr 28, '12 at 4:41pm

skhayden94

skhayden94

1 post

I don't know how much these forums move anymore, but I just spent 93.5 hours on an Endurance game and got a grade 55 tower surrounded by 8 grade 50 amplifiers. I didn't do this game for xp, I just wanted to see how high of a gem I could get. Once I got this high I realized it was going to take way too long to get any higher. Don't worry, I slept while I waited for my mana pool to rise .

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VNQPCuaxMY

Pictures:
http://imgur.com/a/c73bN

Posted Feb 3, '13 at 10:10pm

GSRush

GSRush

2 posts

Hi everybody. Look please my video of gemcraft
I played with cheats...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLgM1jpfTSw

Posted Apr 18, '13 at 12:47am

Muramura

Muramura

5 posts

How are the GCL world records done?

I mean, level 700k is incredible.

(If I'm not mistaken) Since there is a limit for maximum xp earned on each normal level (endurance hardest setting), are the huge levels earned through pylon levels, cheating or by other means?

Posted Apr 19, '13 at 8:44am

UnleashedUponMankind

UnleashedUponMankind

6,824 posts

Premium mode... you can raise your xp-modifier and with the higher levels you have more points to spent on upgrades. Besides that you can use the gsame mechanics if you know "how to".... there several guides for that.
And you can simply use gem bombing on wavestones then to raise your modifier.

Posted Apr 23, '13 at 11:02am

crazyworkins

crazyworkins

31 posts

I've got one save that is level 6,872. Once you learn the mechanics of the game, it's not very hard to achieve. You should never have a game that lasts more than an hour and a half.

Search the forums and learn how to mana farm. Also search the web for maps that show how much mana is available on each level, and what the max exp. available is.

Start out on the levels with the most mana available in mana shards. They will give you a head start by allowing you to create powerful gems fairly early on and get you pretty far in survival mode.

Once you've reached a high enough level that you can create some very high damage gems, look for the levels that offer the most exp.
By now you should be good at mana farming and have a good setup.

The way you're going to max out the exp on the level is by getting all the amulets available. Here's the trick - DON'T RUSH. there will be plenty of time for all the amulets once you're set up with a level 30+ gem. You don't need to call waves early. That does you no good in endurance mode. You don't even need to anger the waves until you're ready. When you do anger the waves, ONLY CALL 900 MONSTERS IN YOUR ANGER. That's it. You don't get any more exp for calling any more monsters than 900 in order to get the amulet.

You don't need to play forever either. Once you've gotten all the amulets available for that level (there's a tab at the top that will show you what you've earned/what is left) you can hurry and end it. If you've got a level 32+ gem enhanced by level 28+ gems, it will zap anything as soon as it shows its face. Go ahead and launch all the remaining waves. After level 1337 it will end and if you get the "Do not let any monster touch your orb" amulet, you 'll max out the points for that level. Really, once you launch all the rest of the waves on high speed, it shouldn't go for any longer than 15 min.

I think the level with the most exp is 118 million points. The secret corner levels are great for both mana farming, and exp gains. Once you have the techniques down, it's easy - and as I said before, no level should last for more than an hour and a half, but once your level is high enough, you can crank out a survival round in a half an hour or so.

Posted Apr 26, '13 at 1:37am

Muramura

Muramura

5 posts

Thanks for the kind answers (very complete ones BTW), but I guess we missed the point.

I'm on level 2.983 and don't intend to go any further (since it becomes a long repetitive and boring way).

I was wondering how could there be a 700k level if there's a maximum XP that can be obtained in every level.
That's what I was asking about.

But after some research I found out that levels above 20K are earned through cheating.

Reply to GemCraft Labyrinth: General Discussion

You must be logged in to post a reply!