ForumsGamesGemCraft Labyrinth: General Discussion

1151 500244
slogsdon
slogsdon
28 posts
Nomad

It's finally here!

http://armorgames.com/play/10317/gemcraft-labyrinth

I'm loving it so far. The map is much better than the previous games, and I love all the new battle options.

• 1,151 Replies
Registereded
Registereded
12 posts
Nomad

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but using the bloodhound gems in traps after they have a decent number of kills works really well. You may lose about 50% of damage in a trap but you can get +100% or more to the special which generally works out to more total damage.

And I think the issue with the challenge gems has to do with the wording on the descriptions being misleading. It says to reach a certain wave, but in reality you need to beat all waves up to that wave. These are very different things, especially in a game like this where it's common to have previous waves still alive after a certain point.

Xell
Xell
4 posts
Jester

Did anyone get the "7 gems with at least 700(not combined)kills"?

Did this 3 times in unlimited swarm mode,but I cant get this amulet.
Should I try with other monster types?

warfighter67
warfighter67
27 posts
Nomad

You need 7 gems on the map that each have a "Kills: 700+" (NOT total kills) on each one.

jimmie123
jimmie123
121 posts
Nomad

I'm at lvl 39...having some real problems with K9, M9, L10, and M10 (even on "normal&quot...any help would be great.

warfighter67
warfighter67
27 posts
Nomad

If you cant beat normal, try Armored/Swarm mode and build defenses accordingly (bloodhound good for swarms, build multiple weak towers, armor reducing good for armored combined with any gem, build a couple strong towers)

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

@warfighter; bloodhound is good for armored. Just use a single, but powerfull, bloodhound gem.

drewg22
drewg22
24 posts
Shepherd

Is unlimited truly an unlmited number of waves?

I am up to wave 668 so far on I6 and monsters HP's have capped at 3,333,333,333.

warfighter67
warfighter67
27 posts
Nomad

Yes, but gems like multiple damage and mana gain work far better in the later levels. Get a high enough mana gain/chain hit/multi damage, and with a mana farm trap, you can gain thousands of mana very quickly (quicker than 100 of those armored creeps getting through your defenses)

warfighter67
warfighter67
27 posts
Nomad

Nope, endurance only goes up to 1337 waves.

drewg22
drewg22
24 posts
Shepherd

****, this needs a 5x or 10x speed then.

vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad

jimmie123, I'd rather you redo the previous levels with built-in red gems for max or almost-max settings, using a grade 3 red with amp and grade 2 red, and maxed red mastery, you can get an extra level out of each of these.

blackpaladin
blackpaladin
75 posts
Shepherd

i just figered that swarm only lvls with +15 waves and double monsters on a field with chain hit gems works well to get much xp, make 3 towers and 4 grade 2 gems, and place 3 of those in the towers of course, after some kills you can build an amplefier for your towers, and put in your 4th gem. unlock bloudbound when you reach 500 mana and at that time your gems wil have about 100-200 or even more kills and then combine with grade 2 bloudbounds dont make higher then grade 3 gems cause that should be enough just make more towers

JohnnyDooDaa
JohnnyDooDaa
8 posts
Nomad

Really struggling on field J4. Any suggestions? Level 49, Premium edition. Hints would be greatly appreciated. I've tried several different ideas but the giant monsters get me every time!

JoergL
JoergL
87 posts
Farmer

Do you accept the idea to set the battle settings to armored monsters only? It's the easiest setting, actually, although it gives more XP.

tackle70
tackle70
25 posts
Nomad

OK it is definitely possible to beat endurance with the 10xHP modifier - I just beat it on field J6 with 4x monsters, 10xHP, Giants only, endurance, monsters move faster, higher monster armor, banished monsters heal, banished monsters increased mana cost

I left off the "monsters get difficult faster" and the shadow modifiers - I'll try to beat it with those next .

I did it by using several grade 5 L/O towers at the start, until I could generate enough mana to create grade 6 Y/O/L gems, at which point I put a 5x amplified trap down with a grade 7 Y/O/L, and kept upgrading it and the amplifier gems as much as possible (while constantly trying to beef up mana pool multiplier).

By about wave 50-60 I was able to start angering some of the waves, and by around wave 60-65 I had cleared all monsters from the path except the new ones. By wave 70 I could anger all waves with 3x grade 6 gems and from there on out it was a cakewalk.

The first 40 or so waves are the biggest challenge, and the first 20-25 waves were only possible due to using the grade 5 wild gem I got at the start (it may have been easier if I had just farmed the mana from it (~6K) and used it for a L/O gem - not sure).

Of course, I did this @ level 500:
Maxed masteries: Forge, construction, Chain hit, mana gain, multiple damage, magnify, triple gem, dual gem, deadly traps, wild gem, readiness, recharge, radiance, ritual.
Banisher @ lvl 18, Focus @ lvl 98, Replenish @ lvl 178, Resonance @ lvl 108

Showing 196-210 of 1151