ForumsGamesGemCraft Labyrinth: General Discussion

1151 500302
slogsdon
slogsdon
28 posts
Nomad

It's finally here!

http://armorgames.com/play/10317/gemcraft-labyrinth

I'm loving it so far. The map is much better than the previous games, and I love all the new battle options.

• 1,151 Replies
tackle70
tackle70
25 posts
Nomad

Forgot the flexibility skill as well - had that one maxed too.

Not sure if it's going to be possible to do this with the addition of monsters getting difficult faster + shadow clash.

With the monsters getting difficult faster, you have to be able to handle the maxed 3.33B hp monsters at about level 100 I think, which is improbabale. You'll have so much mana coming in from the trap gem though that you won't come close to dying for a long time - my guess is that you can eventually get your gem up to grade 21+ to start getting kills before the monster banishment can overcome the millions of mana you make ever second.

warfighter67
warfighter67
27 posts
Nomad

Lol I got 12mil exp on a map and leveled from about 200 to about 400...

drewg22
drewg22
24 posts
Shepherd

OK it is definitely possible to beat endurance with the 10xHP modifier - I just beat it on field J6 with 4x monsters, 10xHP, Giants only, endurance, monsters move faster, higher monster armor, banished monsters heal, banished monsters increased mana cost

I am working a giant monsters only everything across the bottom as far as numbers and HPs. I think I only checked banish and heal, so will get the 24x multiplier.

At wave 275 now with 3 - 19 grade LYO in traps. I just let it run and takes out everything with max HPs before they are even on the map. I also have a row with some 15,16 and 17 LYO traps so I can anger with grade 12 gems and only get slight leakage.

Got every battle amulet except 200 in a row and 500 kills but that will happen as I let it run overnight.
drewg22
drewg22
24 posts
Shepherd

The above is on map M10.

tackle70
tackle70
25 posts
Nomad

@drewg - Did you get the battle amulet for not letting any monster reach your orb? I've been assuming that to be impossible with the 10x hp monsters since the first few waves are insanely difficult to kill before they hit your orb.

Also, did you check the option to make them get stronger faster?

drewg22
drewg22
24 posts
Shepherd

Did you get the battle amulet for not letting any monster reach your orb? I've been assuming that to be impossible with the 10x hp monsters since the first few waves are insanely difficult to kill before they hit your orb.
Also, did you check the option to make them get stronger faster?

oops, forgot about the "not reach the orb" amulet, don't think that is possible.

I did not check the faster stronger or higher armor. I am going to find a map with some good mana pools and layout tomorrow and try to do one with every difficulty setting checked.

I started this one at about level 308, not sure what it will jump me to for tomorow's run.
NdM
NdM
32 posts
Scribe

i finished it today 10/10 :]

vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad

well, people do have success with "not reach orb" amulets too, I don't have a level this high to try it out tho. Ask Einfach for the strategy.

tackle70
tackle70
25 posts
Nomad

@vesper - I really think that amulet is impossible with 10x hp, 4x monsters, all giants

With those settings, the level 1 monsters have 20k hp - I just don't see how you can kill them that quickly.

vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad

well, a grade 6 dual/triple with +100% damage, plus dual/triple bonuses, plus amplifier, plus lime, this can net up to 200 per shot, with a significant chance of it dealing double damage, this can chew through 2k monsters like flies. And there shouldn't be 20k HP giants first wave - or you might need to play on another map with a longer path that's more easily defended.

Rhalph
Rhalph
3 posts
Peasant

I read that the level cap is 500... Is it also for those who bought Premium?

Xell
Xell
4 posts
Jester

You need 7 gems on the map that each have a "Kills: 700+" (NOT total kills) on each one.

I know,but I didn´t get it =/
drewg22
drewg22
24 posts
Shepherd

@vesper - I really think that amulet is impossible with 10x hp, 4x monsters, all giants
With those settings, the level 1 monsters have 20k hp - I just don't see how you can kill them that quickly.

I agree. I am doing M7 with all difficuties checked except Shadow Guardian (tried a few with that and could not get past wave 50-60), it is on cruise control now at wave 165, but I don't see how I could get there without any leakage unless I leveled up to Wizard level 1500 or something.

Even then, I am not sure if that would give enough extra skill points.
JoergL
JoergL
87 posts
Farmer

Contrary to what some people wrote, it *is* possible to lose with lime and yellow. I just lost on J2 with giants only, +20 waves, and some other harder settings I forgot. And that map even has mana shards. Not to mention my wizard level of 278 on premium.

vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad

you know, I have seen a screenshot of a won endurance with that amulet on the screen, so I say it's possible. Here:

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/4470/11016581.jpg

Taken from: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/23-gemcraft-chapter-0/topics/145437-228-waves-in-gemcraft-labyrinth?page=3

Showing 211-225 of 1151