ForumsGamesGemCraft Labyrinth: General Discussion

1151 500227
slogsdon
slogsdon
28 posts
Nomad

It's finally here!

http://armorgames.com/play/10317/gemcraft-labyrinth

I'm loving it so far. The map is much better than the previous games, and I love all the new battle options.

• 1,151 Replies
jimmie123
jimmie123
121 posts
Nomad

Something stupid happened today...I beat the 1st Pylon quest (not sure what it's called, there's a gem that must get 10,000 hits to it). Anyway, I beat it, and the screen locked up. I'm back now and see that I have a red negative 19 in experience points, and I can't play any map. So I suppose I'm supposed to REDUCE my hard gained experience points by 19 before I can play again simply because the game locked up?? Sorry, this is pretty stupid.

BaneWilliams
BaneWilliams
9 posts
Nomad

I believe you will find jimmie, that it was actually due to the version changing on AG between it locking up and you refreshing it - happened with me also.

This new version fixed a glitchy skill bug that was causing players to end up with more skills than they were supposed to have.

JoergL
JoergL
87 posts
Farmer

Am I the only one who cannot combine gems anymore with the newest version? The mana is taken, but the original gems vanish, and I can get them back by clicking their old positions.

GCL version 1.02b
Flash Plugin 10.2 on Firefox 3.6.13

Dragonmaster0283
Dragonmaster0283
17 posts
Nomad

Jimmie as what bane said, you actually had more skill points then you should have. I had a -18 at one point and thought wtf, what happened to my points but then I went back and added all the points up:
((Wizard Level - 1)*9) + (Amulet Points) + 30 (If you went premium) + (3 * Apparitions Killed)
and found that I had more points then I should have and the -18 I had was correct.

*I believe its 3 per apparition.

marlborio80
marlborio80
1 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, great game 'n stuff. BUT there's a major problem with the new version.
I've been playing the game for a couple of days, until I had to install the new required Flash version for playing the game. Since there's been problems with the older version of the game, I decided to start from scratch with the new one.
And now I'm stuck on D12 because of the following:
Every time I'm destroying one of the Speed Beacons, it's still there and the towers freeze, but the enemies still move and destroy the Orb - Game Over.
Hope this gets fixed soon.

MCOBigBen
MCOBigBen
2 posts
Nomad

merach, I'm having teh same problem on my laptop. Three different browsers (FF, IE, Opera), all upgraded to the latest version of flash, and all I get is a black screen after hitting the "Play" button.

And marlborio80, I'm having teh same issue as you on my desktop. Instead of hitting 0 hit points, the beacons go to negative hitpoints. Once that happens, the towers all stop targetting, and you die.

Love the game, wish I could play it. :P

JoergL
JoergL
87 posts
Farmer

Looks like we all have different trouble now?

FinnDragon
FinnDragon
993 posts
Blacksmith

Skill points -36! This bug sucks!

And I thought that I has a big problem when I got -3 skill points... LOL!
Michan666
Michan666
41 posts
Nomad

too bad the new version is all buggy

But I am confident that peter will fix it all soon. He managed with the other two Gemcraft games, he will with this one.

Remember, the first versions of the other Gemcrafts were buggy too, it is normal.

7even
7even
5 posts
Farmer

On D4 I crafted the pylon but after that a shadow with 415k life and 900 armor appears. I shooted at around 15 minutes and after that he dropped minions right next to my orb, poof... How I can kill that shadow?

Michan666
Michan666
41 posts
Nomad

Watch this video, 7even:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa1yOG6M_Ks

^^

7even
7even
5 posts
Farmer

Thanks I still have to lvl up for that.

Michan666
Michan666
41 posts
Nomad

yes... it doesn't seem to be easy... though I do think you can manage it at a lower wizardslevel.

jimmie123
jimmie123
121 posts
Nomad

Since the "bug" got fixed (and put me at -19 experience), I'm really at a stand-still as far as making any progress in the game. Replayed levels like crazy, tried different blocking techniques, different gems and combinations, etc. etc. I may gain 100 experience points (or less), but honestly, this is turning into something that is less and less "fun". Also, on one of the maps, there is a tomb. Several times I've put a tower/gem next to it, the gem doesn't shoot at the tomb (another glitch?). I guess I may just wait until some of the "bugs" are fixed, then maybe try again.

tominator78
tominator78
5 posts
Shepherd

Also, on one of the maps, there is a tomb. Several times I've put a tower/gem next to it, the gem doesn't shoot at the tomb (another glitch?). I guess I may just wait until some of the "bugs" are fixed, then maybe try again.
You have to order your gem to aim at structures first. I think you hold down shift and click on the gem a couple of times. You have to have a high level though or you will get ruined. I haven't had time to do it yet, but you should probably play it on unlimited levels once you have a super solid gem.
Showing 121-135 of 1151