ForumsGamesGemCraft Labyrinth: General Discussion

1151 500228
slogsdon
slogsdon
28 posts
Nomad

It's finally here!

http://armorgames.com/play/10317/gemcraft-labyrinth

I'm loving it so far. The map is much better than the previous games, and I love all the new battle options.

• 1,151 Replies
MCOBigBen
MCOBigBen
2 posts
Nomad

Patch 1.02c just went out, it fixed all the outstanding issues I was having.

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

I broke a tomb open once. 5-10 seconds later I was dead from big black snake composed of lots of black swarm, normal, runner, and giant monsters with insane hp/banishment costs.

I haven't broken another open since.

mike5322
mike5322
2 posts
Blacksmith

JoergL, I'm having the same problem. I can't make triple gems, they disappear when I try to combine them. Clicking on where they should be gets them back but you lose the cost of the combine spell. I've also tried to combine them by holding shift and clicking combine with only two dual gems in the inventory, trying to make a triple, and no dice.

Anybody else having this problem?

I'm on IE with latest flash player (got it yesterday).

JoergL
JoergL
87 posts
Farmer

The newest update of GCL should solve these problems. It did for me.

drewg22
drewg22
24 posts
Shepherd

Since the "bug" got fixed (and put me at -19 experience), I'm really at a stand-still as far as making any progress in the game. Replayed levels like crazy, tried different blocking techniques, different gems and combinations, etc. etc. I may gain 100 experience points (or less), but honestly, this is turning into something that is less and less "fun". Also, on one of the maps, there is a tomb. Several times I've put a tower/gem next to it, the gem doesn't shoot at the tomb (another glitch?). I guess I may just wait until some of the "bugs" are fixed, then maybe try again.

Jimmie belive it or not one one the best experience gainers you can do is Giant Only, Unlimited, with extra numbers and hit points. Maxed everything gives you 24x then times the unlimited factor. The are a few maps I got over 100k exp and plenty where you can get 30-40K plus.

Find a map with a mana pool like and decent pathing so you make some high gems pretty quick.

Some lower level map you can try is L3. I got 147K there.
drewg22
drewg22
24 posts
Shepherd

Also, you have to select "structures" for the gems to shoot at tombs.

jimmie123
jimmie123
121 posts
Nomad

Thanks Fractalman, I don't think I'll be breaking any tombs open anytime soon . Seriously, I'm open to some ideas. I play GC the old fashioned way (everything with my mouse). I don't want to score a billion points (although it'd be nice), I'm level 31, red and green gems are maxed out. I've replayed any level with either of those gems adding as many additional swarms as I dare, yet, I'm really not getting anywhere level-wise. Any suggestions on how to level up a little quicker??

JoergL
JoergL
87 posts
Farmer

I found armored monsters only to be very easy. They are so slow, and poison is a good starter, where you get it. Strongest level 1 gems out there, but of course, weak later.

The tomb monsters are much less frightening really than they look at first. Break that tomb late in your game, when your defense is high enough. And so far, all tomb creeps I saw had just 80 mana for banishment flat fee, even the giants. For building up your defense, make sure to play more waves than just the original ones. For instance, I can't think how tombs could be any dangerous late in an endurance. For some levels, you might want to reconstruct your path, change the direction or something.

Have a finger at the Q key. Seriously, pausing the game immediately when something unexpected happened gives you so much more time to think about your reaction. And it's built in this time, so it is not cheating.

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

Tip one: Abandon poison. It's useless past level 5 or so.
Tip 2: Focus on red untill about level 45 or so, then start playing with red/lime duals. (use a single red, surrounded by amplifiers)
Tip three: set monsters to armored waves.
Tip four: Anger monsters lightly, but consistently, and/or set the number of monsters high.

I was able to get a closer look at tomb monsters myself, on a map with 4 tombs. A little short of 100 monsters, the swarm monsters have 188 hp or so, 80 banishment, 10 mana gain, each and every monster from the tomb. Not that bad if you have a red/lime with a decent firerate.
I guess I panicked when I opened my very first tomb, and thought it was over 1000 hp/swarm, and 100,000 hp/giant.

Cirno
Cirno
31 posts
Peasant

it's failing to load for me. just a black screen, sometimes I'll see the loading screen, other times not. In either cases, it freezes and never finishes to load. Anyone else having this problem?

inb4downloadlatestversionofflashplayer.

BaneWilliams
BaneWilliams
9 posts
Nomad

Cirno, are you using chrome? It's notorious for having issues with flash (even youtube). Sometimes you need to give it an uninstall and reinstall, same goes with flash.

theRetroboy
theRetroboy
2 posts
Nomad

Got the zero-mana Bug, found after de-installing and installing Flash Player, on maps I2, I3 and I4. Symptoms: zero mana out of a possible pool of zero mana (mana bar says "Mana: 0/0". Map I3 and I4 start releasing monsters as soon as you leave your skills screen (i.e. you don't push the Play button).

DID NOT get this bug on map J4 (first time played) or any other map that I replay. However, I can't advance to any new maps because this bug prevents me from moving any further through the game. Running flash player version 10.2.152.26, after running Flash Player deinstall tool.

vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad

whoever experienced bugs, try installing 10.1 flash player, this usually helps.

theRetroboy
theRetroboy
2 posts
Nomad

Done a bit more work on this, and the bug occurs on EVERY MAP when you allocate skill points to the Resonance AND Wild Gem skills.

OCCURS WHEN I GIVE
Resonance - 6 levels
Wild Gem - 2 levels
(unallocated - 1 skill point)

Resonance - 7 levels
Wild Gem - 2 levels (of max 3 levels)

DOES NOT OCCUR WHEN I GIVE
Resonance - 7 levels
Wild gem - 1 level

So the bug can be averted by "juggling" your stats. I even tried a full skills reset and still sporadically got the error.

Hope this helps someone else until the next patch comes along!

jimmie123
jimmie123
121 posts
Nomad

Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it. I guess I tend to get "locked" into certain playing methods etc. and really need to think outside the box, lol. BTW, I said I was lvl. 31, actually it's 36, I just levelled up. In the older GC's, it was the red/orange combo that did well, I guess in this one it's the red/lime.

Showing 136-150 of 1151