ForumsGamesGemCraft Labyrinth: General Discussion

1151 500249
slogsdon
slogsdon
28 posts
Nomad

It's finally here!

http://armorgames.com/play/10317/gemcraft-labyrinth

I'm loving it so far. The map is much better than the previous games, and I love all the new battle options.

• 1,151 Replies
Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

rofl.

skhayden94
skhayden94
1 posts
Peasant

I don't know how much these forums move anymore, but I just spent 93.5 hours on an Endurance game and got a grade 55 tower surrounded by 8 grade 50 amplifiers. I didn't do this game for xp, I just wanted to see how high of a gem I could get. Once I got this high I realized it was going to take way too long to get any higher. Don't worry, I slept while I waited for my mana pool to rise .

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VNQPCuaxMY

Pictures:
http://imgur.com/a/c73bN

GSRush
GSRush
2 posts
Nomad

Hi everybody. Look please my video of gemcraft
I played with cheats...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLgM1jpfTSw

Muramura
Muramura
5 posts
Shepherd

How are the GCL world records done?

I mean, level 700k is incredible.

(If I'm not mistaken) Since there is a limit for maximum xp earned on each normal level (endurance hardest setting), are the huge levels earned through pylon levels, cheating or by other means?

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Premium mode... you can raise your xp-modifier and with the higher levels you have more points to spent on upgrades. Besides that you can use the gsame mechanics if you know "how to".... there several guides for that.
And you can simply use gem bombing on wavestones then to raise your modifier.

crazyworkins
crazyworkins
34 posts
Herald

I've got one save that is level 6,872. Once you learn the mechanics of the game, it's not very hard to achieve. You should never have a game that lasts more than an hour and a half.

Search the forums and learn how to mana farm. Also search the web for maps that show how much mana is available on each level, and what the max exp. available is.

Start out on the levels with the most mana available in mana shards. They will give you a head start by allowing you to create powerful gems fairly early on and get you pretty far in survival mode.

Once you've reached a high enough level that you can create some very high damage gems, look for the levels that offer the most exp.
By now you should be good at mana farming and have a good setup.

The way you're going to max out the exp on the level is by getting all the amulets available. Here's the trick - DON'T RUSH. there will be plenty of time for all the amulets once you're set up with a level 30+ gem. You don't need to call waves early. That does you no good in endurance mode. You don't even need to anger the waves until you're ready. When you do anger the waves, ONLY CALL 900 MONSTERS IN YOUR ANGER. That's it. You don't get any more exp for calling any more monsters than 900 in order to get the amulet.

You don't need to play forever either. Once you've gotten all the amulets available for that level (there's a tab at the top that will show you what you've earned/what is left) you can hurry and end it. If you've got a level 32+ gem enhanced by level 28+ gems, it will zap anything as soon as it shows its face. Go ahead and launch all the remaining waves. After level 1337 it will end and if you get the "Do not let any monster touch your orb" amulet, you 'll max out the points for that level. Really, once you launch all the rest of the waves on high speed, it shouldn't go for any longer than 15 min.

I think the level with the most exp is 118 million points. The secret corner levels are great for both mana farming, and exp gains. Once you have the techniques down, it's easy - and as I said before, no level should last for more than an hour and a half, but once your level is high enough, you can crank out a survival round in a half an hour or so.

Muramura
Muramura
5 posts
Shepherd

Thanks for the kind answers (very complete ones BTW), but I guess we missed the point.

I'm on level 2.983 and don't intend to go any further (since it becomes a long repetitive and boring way).

I was wondering how could there be a 700k level if there's a maximum XP that can be obtained in every level.
That's what I was asking about.

But after some research I found out that levels above 20K are earned through cheating.

Muramura
Muramura
5 posts
Shepherd

Oh, so I guess 11675 is the highest no-cheating level you can get on Armor Games.

Congrats to those who got it.

jagermaisster
jagermaisster
2 posts
Shepherd

Can someone tell me, in endurance is it worth to drop gem bombs on all wave? Or how much multiplier give 1 gembomb at the end of the battle? And the grade of the gem is modifie the multiplier?

crazyworkins
crazyworkins
34 posts
Herald

Dropping bombs on the waves only affects the multiplier up until you've summoned 900 monsters. That gives you the amulet. After that, it makes no difference, and will probably just add to the lag that kicks in at higher levels.

jagermaisster
jagermaisster
2 posts
Shepherd

thanks for the answer!

joseph1024
joseph1024
2 posts
Peasant

Is it really worth opening a tomb?

The formula for the summon multiplier (from here is:
( Killed / (Killed-Summoned) ) ^ 0.53

Opening a tomb gives a 0.1 summon multiplier bonus, but at the same time it does another thing: it increases the amount of mosnters killed without changing the number of monsters summoned, decreasing the actual summon multiplier (assuming the bonuses for opening tombs are taken out).

Is it possible that the loss in the summon multiplier as a result of opening a tomb and killing its monsters be greater than the 0.1 bonus, resulting in a net loss (and in this case it is better if the tomb should not have been opened at all)? When does this happen?

werehatrack
werehatrack
4 posts
Peasant

11675 is not the highest no-cheating level attainable; I'm past that now, and have used no cheats - but I'll probably max out every location on the map before I break 14K. From having seen recent activity by players with totals well past that, I know that there must be some form of non-standard stuff still going on out there, but I'll stick with what's provided in-game. Eventually, that means I start over and run the levels again. But I don't think I'll do them a third time.

werehatrack
werehatrack
4 posts
Peasant

Correction: I'm not terribly far from 11675, and expect that I should be able to just barely surpass it if my estimates are correct. I have noticed that among my fellow players, there seems to be a stage that is reached around level 800 after which jumps tend to be 20 or more levels at a time. Once you get to the point where you're routinely running everything maxed out (around level 3500 or so, if I recall correctly) and getting through all 1337 waves without a monster reaching your orb, level jumps on the high-value map positions can be well over 50 at a time. But sooner or later, you run out of high-value levels to max, and start mining the dregs from the lower levels, and the level-up rate slows. Where it *stops* is probably partially a matter of how you got there, however.

werehatrack
werehatrack
4 posts
Peasant

Okay, I was wrong. The hard limit to non-cheating levels in Labyrinth is definitely 11675, and I got there a few minutes ago. For me, the last hundred levels were mostly achieved via a hard slog back through the fields that I had not absolutely maxed out on the first two or three trips. Finding the magic formula for the five charging pylon levels was also critical - and you really have to hit a specific relationship between monsters summoned and monsters killed in order to max those. (It's not hard to do, it's just a challenge to figure out what the gimmick is. Careful use of the spacebar is crucial, IME.)

Showing 1126-1140 of 1151