ForumsProgramming ForumAGame: theme

54 19905
beech
beech
107 posts
Nomad

Alright folks - here we go!

it seems that interest in doing a project like this is there, but it will take more time to get others involved and truly get this moving, so i suggest we move on into areas that are more interesting and participatory.

so far members that have voiced interest are as follows:

gaboloth
Darkroot
driejen
theBester5
PixelSmash
Hectichermit
Plasmafish
wildwolf111

after typing that out, it seems we have a pretty good start!

so onward! let's talk game type: gaboloth has already listed a few examples in the "initialize" thread and tends toward a shooter genre.

let's do something similar here - if you a have favorite game type or style let's talk about them here - when we've discussed this for a while we'll tally the types and then the narrow focus.

let's also refrain from listing too many games them selves - there are hundred or even thousands of 'shooters' out there so let's not try to list them all - but a single 'favorite would be fine - let's save the 'comparison' lists for later after having narrow down the type to focus on.

begin... LOL

• 54 Replies
Thebester5
Thebester5
53 posts
Nomad

is beech ever comming back xD

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Yep, but he is busy, busy making games.

Thebester5
Thebester5
53 posts
Nomad

and we are waiting...... lets hope his game is done soon...... 5000 years later....... 100000 years later..... Beech "YAY I FINNALY CAME BACK!" i hope that does not happen

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

If he doesn't show up in like a day or to I'll just make the thread to start this off. But in the meantime you can start "narrowing" the idea of an RPG game...in your head and post it once that thread pops up in the next few days.

Thebester5
Thebester5
53 posts
Nomad

ok dark root, i have already planned the entire physics for my game. also i have the main story line.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

fantasy medieval 2d side scrolling hack N slash platformer with some projectiles like arrows,magic, and bombs it can have an player upgrades system for melee and magic. We will need to design a main character, enemies and bosses. we need to keep the level and character design simple, probably something cartoon like.

Dante92
Dante92
70 posts
Jester

Project failed, huh?

Good that I didn't waste any time in brainstorming :/

Thebester5
Thebester5
53 posts
Nomad

No. Its not failed Dante. Im making the new forum right now.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

If you need a Beta Tester just come and get me! Happy to help

Showing 46-54 of 54