ForumsWEPRstrnadge thing about christianity

239 44559
meman
meman
275 posts
Nomad

the thing that it says if someone slaps you you give them another cheek to slap..but why do christians kill other relegions and themselves if they belive this?

• 239 Replies
razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

Hmm...carl, I think there might have just been a mis-explanation there, or I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but I have never heard the Catholic Church say that.

In order to conform with the insurmountable evidence that the Bible is not infallible, I know that the Church does not say it is 100% perfect, but I've never seen it say that you are allowed to interpret it however you want.

Heck, look back to the dark ages.

They didn't even want the commoners to HAVE a Bible, let alone be able to interpret it themselves.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

Wow, if the bible can be changed to mean whatever you want it to mean, then I'm going to become a christian! I can do whatever I want and say it's my religious right!
Help, I'm being oppressed!

carltherune
carltherune
44 posts
Nomad

I'm not saying that it does mean whatever you want it to, just that it is not as literal as everyone is saying.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

I was just teasing, but you bring up a good point. A strange thing about Christianity or any "religion" is the fact that it can't really be defined. People interpret things differently even though it's supposed to be the divine word of god (or at least divinely inspired). But even that most basic premise of the most essential book in Christianity is still up for debate.
I think what it means to be a Christian in the South is much different than what it means to be a Christian on the Pacific Coast.
Of course I could totally be way off. I have no idea what it means to be a christian.

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

Well, I was a rather devout Christian up until about a year ago, and I actually have two completely different experiences with Christianity.

Since I lived in North Carolina until about 3 years ago, I had the stereotypical southern Baptist teachings: anti-Catholic, anti-abortion, anti-gay, etc. Fundamentalism to the max.

After moving to Michigan, I had the more modern non-denominational experience: still anti-abortion, still anti-gay, just not proclaiming it from the rooftops for fear of offending everyone.

If you really want to see someone who follows the word of God like it "should" be followed, look at the Westboro Baptist Church - those idiots who picket the funerals of soldiers and such.

They are blights on the face of the earth, but they provide genuine Biblical reasoning for everything they do. THEY are real Christians. The rest of you are not bold enough to stand up for what your own divine book says.

Awestun
Awestun
3 posts
Nomad

Talk about jumping to conclusions. People that say they are Christians and then go kill really aren't Christians.

joshuadelacruz1
joshuadelacruz1
112 posts
Nomad

dont talk about this !!!(I am Chiristian)

steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

How do they kill other religions? Also, people who kill themselves aren't Christian

Savergn
Savergn
6 posts
Nomad

Theres people. thats all there is.

"No Gods or Kings, only Man"

outofpickles
outofpickles
9 posts
Nomad

if you are talking about the israelites, God gave them the power to kill the other nations to show that you can do anything with God, and the israelites killed the nations also because THE OTHER NATIONS DIDN'T BELIEVE IN GOD. sounds pretty reasonable to me who i should obey.

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
359 posts
Nomad

yeah, that was a punishment for the other peoples being so wicked.

Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
324 posts
Peasant

Christains are hypocrits i found some facts i goin to dig them up i be right back

DonkeyKong1383
DonkeyKong1383
47 posts
Nomad

let me get this srayt. i am a christian ( i am am Roman Catholic) ok so i belive wat i have been learning from the past 13 years in my life. yes i believe that there r "fake christians" but every body that commits suicide are not fake christians. for instance Heath Ledger. he accidntaly overdosed he didnt do it on purpouse!

Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
324 posts
Peasant

yes continuing on they proclain that christmas was the day that jesus was born, but if you look deep into the text there was no rain or snow, there were anamils out garzing in the middle of winter ? a few thousand (3or4)years before that day was the pegan's celebration of the birth of the sun god thats odd how the suddenly over lap if the pegans were there a few milleniums before

DonkeyKong1383
DonkeyKong1383
47 posts
Nomad

r u saying that u dont believe in god Skipper?

Showing 151-165 of 239