ForumsNews and Feedback[Necro] Profile status

22 14351
TheUnlockableChicken
TheUnlockableChicken
136 posts
Nomad

I think there should be something added to the next version of Armor Games.If other players who are checking out your profile think "what are they doing now?",you could have a status update.It would be helpful to introduce gamers into games that they didn't know existed (for instance.I am now playing___).Let me know what you think.

• 22 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald
urbanwolf232
urbanwolf232
784 posts
Peasant

thated be pretty cool i guess

TheUnlockableChicken
TheUnlockableChicken
136 posts
Nomad

Mood button?

No, I mean you can type it.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Click on the first link and look at the picture I posted. Also look at iMogwai's post in there.

They could have it in development. I can't find a thread with a concrete answer though, but since they locked that thread with [dup] I'm leaning towards that they are going to make it.

With the picture I posted it looks like a Facebook status update. Others can comment on it as well.

TheUnlockableChicken
TheUnlockableChicken
136 posts
Nomad

With the picture I posted it looks like a Facebook status update. Others can comment on it as well.

But can they like it?No.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

But can they like it?No.

Why ask a question you know the answer to?

Does it really matter to have the like button on there?

It's enough like Facebook and Twitter how it is in beta.
Also that doesn't sound like a necessary feature. "Oh hey, look, someone likes what I put on my status." I could care less about such a thing.
You could just comment on it that you like it instead of having a like button.

Also with all the copying there already is on it, should they really copy/implement any more than their already is?

If they do or don't have the like button it wouldn't change much.

I found a like button thread, read through it if you want. There's some nice information in there.
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Well, I like the idea of this, I sort of do it myself anyways in my about, but it's a pain to keep editing my about to do so.

This is a good idea.

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

I don't really like it. it's so twitterish

TheUnlockableChicken
TheUnlockableChicken
136 posts
Nomad

it's a pain to keep editing my about to do so.[quote]
You could just write in there when you feel the need to or just in the moodd to do so.
I don't really like it. it's so twitterish[quote]
I would try to avoid twitters similarity.
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

You could just write in there when you feel the need to or just in the moodd to do so.

I'm always in the mood to do so!

I don't really like it. it's so twitterish

Yeah, but it's nice to let people know if you're offline, online, ect.

The next version seems to becoming a bit similar to twitter, since we're having a friend confirmation, but I actually like that idea, as well.
TheUnlockableChicken
TheUnlockableChicken
136 posts
Nomad

I have entered to do beta testing so I will be discovering all the new features and techniques hopefully soon!

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We won't do a mood button. You can just type your mood if you feel so inclined. Users can reply and leave feedback if they choose.

You can also lock down your profile to where nobody (except mods and admins for official purposes only) can leave you messages, if you choose not to get involved with the social aspect of AG3.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Aren't they adding activity feeds or something like that? Well anyway, it would be nice if you could at least know when other people were online.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

I think there will be a indicator for that.

And cormyn, the red button next to your name on your profile used to be green when they just were active. Now it always stays red. What happened there?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

We won't do a mood button. You can just type your mood if you feel so inclined. Users can reply and leave feedback if they choose.

Thank you for that. . I don't like the whole idea of a mood button/like/dislike button.
What happened there?

It was buggy, slowed everything down, massive lag, etc. . .
it would be nice if you could at least know when other people were online.

Online/Offline feature.
Friends online on AG.

To quote cormyn on another thread:
We've worked out a better &quotresence" method on AG3 using the activity streams. When you play a game, for example, we'll probably post in your activity stream that you're playing "GemCraft Labyrinth" or whatever, so your friends and followers can see... so if they see you started playing a game 5 minutes ago, chances are good that you're still online.
Showing 1-15 of 22