ForumsNews and Feedbackwill AGv3 have an online button?

9 2727
urbanwolf232
urbanwolf232
784 posts
Peasant

i think AGv3 should have a little button that glows green (or any colour) when the player is online. will it have one?

• 9 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Friends online on AG.
[url=http://armorgames.com/community/thread/6406589/will-we-see-a-return-of-lost-ag2-features]Online/offline feature.
Useful information can be located inside those threads about this subject.

On AG2 it didn't work out too well, it would lag and slow down the site. But, it's a possibility that they'll fix it/add a new one on AG3.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We've worked out a better &quotresence" method on AG3 using the activity streams. When you play a game, for example, we'll probably post in your activity stream that you're playing "GemCraft Labyrinth" or whatever, so your friends and followers can see... so if they see you started playing a game 5 minutes ago, chances are good that you're still online.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Online/offline feature.

Matrix's link.

---

Yeah, that is a good idea, but will it be replaced each time you do something new? Or will it float there?

Side note: This might also show when people are just rating games to get AP, not playing them.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Yeah, that is a good idea, but will it be replaced each time you do something new? Or will it float there?

My guess is that when you stop playing Gemcraft Labyrinth and move to Elephant Quest, your previous status of &quotlaying Gemcraft Labyrinth" will be replaced. Just a guess. That would seem appropriate to me. But to me. ;D
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Yeah, if it's not replaced, it might get a little annoying.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

Like Kongregate has one of those things. It says 1 friend online and says (user) is playing so and so game.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

A last login date would be a nice feature to include.

LEAPretard
LEAPretard
1,328 posts
Nomad

We've worked out a better &quotresence" method on AG3 using the activity streams. When you play a game, for example, we'll probably post in your activity stream that you're playing "GemCraft Labyrinth" or whatever, so your friends and followers can see... so if they see you started playing a game 5 minutes ago, chances are good that you're still online.

Sounds Like [url=http://http://ninjakiwi.com/] Lol If you dotn know... in ninja kiwi you can check your freinds and stuff and when highscores are ade there is an update newsfeed which is like facebook

LEAPretard
LEAPretard
1,328 posts
Nomad

Sorry Forgot to put the Quote in the:

Part. i do not own the text above. the text above is property of cormyn

Showing 1-9 of 9