ForumsNews and FeedbackSpam Indicatior Box.

8 4159
foxyman6978
foxyman6978
128 posts
Nomad

I don't think this idea has been proposed yet...

I think that there should be a box on every users account (probable it the place where it says, Bob76 is ranked 56347 of 4356532 users), it would be a kind of a 'box of shame' to discurage spamming.

So, what do you think?

• 8 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I think there's going to be some kind of reputation system on AG3. Something like this. Where people can rate your posts up and down then it'll affect you good or bad.

But, with your idea. . do you mean if they post under seven words in a comment/post? Or if people can be able to rate their posts with a thumbs up or thumbs down?
I don't know who to comment on this idea. . .

foxyman6978
foxyman6978
128 posts
Nomad

do you mean if they post under seven words in a comment/post?Or if people can be able to rate their posts with a thumbs up or thumbs down?

I mean if the comment is under seven words
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

who

*how
I mean if the comment is under seven words

It's an okay idea if someone spams a lot then others can see who's spamming.

Well, it has it's cons as well. People could just write the same word that'll make it seem over seven words. For example: buffalo.
foxyman6978
foxyman6978
128 posts
Nomad

People could just write the same word that'll make it seem over seven words.

well if someone who is going to take that much time to spam and get 2 AP for it, so be it, plus if they are wrighting the word so many times, you would think they would think of something thats not spam by than.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

You won't believe what people do for Armor Points how it is set-up currently.

I hope in AG3 they'll fix all this non-sense that is going on. Better sort of ways how to get Armor Points so people can't just spam comments/rating/posts.

Hopefully posts/comments/rating won't give you Armor Points. Only getting game achievements. I would enjoy this because it would bring down spamming by a lot.

With this idea you have though, I don't know. With the new Armor Points system you can't say for sure what'll happen on the new site regarding AP yet.
I kind of like it though, it would show us who is spamming and how is typing good posts.

Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

I will miss the Armor Points thing but I think the achievements thing will be cool. The spamming will reduce a lot and the karma points will be nice and we can see who is really helpful on this site. Not earning AP for posting on users profiles will reduce spam because a lot of people post on inactive profiles to earn points.

I think that there should be a box on every users account (probable it the place where it says, Bob76 is ranked 56347 of 4356532 users), it would be a kind of a 'box of shame' to discurage spamming.

I think it is a great idea and I want thumbs up button back :/
I won't get so much points on new AG because I have played big part of the games of this site and commented on them so I will just stay in the forums. And will there still be a ranking? If yes I think people will be able to pass firetail.
foxyman6978
foxyman6978
128 posts
Nomad

I think people will be able to pass firetail.

We would have a chance because he would have to start over just like everyone else.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Well, not really "start over" ... everyone who has been an active member of AG2 will get a set of achievements just for being here. Those will points will get achievements that others may not get. That is, if we give out a badge/whatever for "more than 5000 points" then only a small percentage of our users will get that achievement. If we do another for 7500, 10000, 15000, 25000, etc points, then maybe do a "top 5 points leader" and "all top points" then firetail will certainly have ag2-related achievements that others won't get.

Showing 1-8 of 8