ForumsPopular Media

rap lyricists

Thread Locked

Posted Mar 15, '11 at 9:17pm

CrossViper

CrossViper

340 posts

Craig Mack - Flava In Ya Ear (ReMix)

Those into classic hip-hop should love this song.

Rampage and LL Cool J both are meh, but Mack, BIG, and Busta all kill it.

Posted Mar 15, '11 at 9:27pm

Microe

Microe

864 posts

Nas and Z-ro are my favorite rappers hands down. Argue all you want.

Posted Mar 15, '11 at 9:31pm

sambam

sambam

332 posts

I don't' think rap should be considered music. It's just not sung words to a beat .

Posted Mar 15, '11 at 10:18pm

delossantosj

delossantosj

5,311 posts

I don't' think rap should be considered music. It's just not sung words to a beat .

then your clearly ignorant.

rap is deffinatly music, sure they dont sing but thats quite frankly irrelevent. many many early musical composers didnt have vocals and it was just music. and i highly doubt youll argue with me there. rap is deffinatly music and if you actually listen to the artists i posted and maybe a few of the links youll agree that the poetry in it far surpasses almost any other rock song. you cant let it get in your head that rap is just made of lil wayne, drake, and other crappy artists. cause its not, you just have to look a little harder cause your not going to find it on the radio.

if i may suggest a website for you so you can help your insight and actually here some good rap, id suggest Digital Dream Door. this is a VERY good website with all sorts of list. take a look, look up a few of the artists, get back to me

Nas and Z-ro are my favorite rappers hands down. Argue all you want.

idk why we would. nas kicks major ***. ether is one of the best diss songs ever

Posted Mar 16, '11 at 2:02pm

jroyster22

jroyster22

657 posts

Administrator

My top 5 Rappers...
1. Nas
2. AZ
3. Raekwon
4. Jay Electronica
5. Curren$y

Posted Mar 16, '11 at 5:30pm

thisisnotanalt

thisisnotanalt

8,475 posts

Oh, and eyedea links!

Song by Eyedea and his DJ partner Abilities, the two known as Eyedea & Abilities together (herp derp).  Abilities is also a fantastic DJ/producer.

Burn Fetish

Oh, and he was also a great freestyler.  Here's him winning Blaze Battle 2000 by utterly destroying the rapper Shells (Eyedea was 18 in this, and it is a little NSFW in places so be warned).

Kachow

Posted Mar 17, '11 at 6:03am

jcsimpson

jcsimpson

17 posts

Hands down it's gotta be O.D.B.

Posted Aug 26, '11 at 10:08pm

ShadowShank696

ShadowShank696

499 posts

Heres some I like:

Lupe Fiasco
Z-Ro
Hoodie Allen
Knaan
SPM (South Park Mexican)

Posted Aug 26, '11 at 10:15pm

ShadowShank696

ShadowShank696

499 posts

Ohh i also forgot to metion that I like

Rick Ross
Drake
Nicki Minaj
M n M

Dont be hatin on me cause i like main stream rap (with the exception of most of lil wayne songs) I have a few underground rappers that I like to ( Three good examples are in my last post i.e Hoodie Allen, Knaan, and SPM)

Posted Aug 26, '11 at 10:34pm

ShadowShank696

ShadowShank696

499 posts

also j.cole is anthoer one sorry for the spam posting but he is a really under rated artist and I think if peopel would just listen to his songs they would like him