ForumsNews and FeedbackArmor Games: Factions?

10 3477
Microe
Microe
842 posts
Nomad

I was just thinking around and I happen to think of factions for some reason. I think this has already been posted but I guess I could put it again. Basically I was thinking if there could be a faction system to where there could be a leader and other people, the faction could be about certain genre of games and forums. I guess this would be pretty cool since we have many many people on the forum. Or then again it could suck.

• 10 Replies
bmwman
bmwman
11 posts
Nomad

Could you go into a bit more detail. I don't quite understand what you're suggesting. Kind of groups for people who play/develop different genres of games?

Trumpetfury
Trumpetfury
615 posts
Nomad

Nah, i get wat you mean, that might work.... i mean, it could go great, or could suck. sink or swim. There would definitely be politics in there, and then there would be rivalries, fights, spam wars, and all around mess. so, maybe not so much.... lol

bmwman
bmwman
11 posts
Nomad

Also would you only be able to join one group or multiple? Who would be able to start a group and how much AP/Karma would you need? If this idea is widely accepted there would be many difficulties implementing it effectively.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester
Maultex
Maultex
62 posts
Nomad

i support the idea but i agree with trumpetfury. there's gonna be a whole lot of junk involved. noobs who won't let you join or idiots who simply spam your wall because your in a diffrent faction. it would be neat if they tied a flash game into the faction rivaelry thing too.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Yeah, we're going to try to work on groups/clans/etc later this year after we launch AG3, and it will be another category/classification like friends / followers / groups / everyone. You'll be able to be in multiple groups/clans, and your activity stream will basically let you see the activities of others in your group/clan, and vice versa.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

I would name my clan something interesting. Would it be like the Exit Path clans sort of?

But that still sounds like a really good idea. I can't wait! =D

HolyDiver329
HolyDiver329
70 posts
Nomad

Sounds like a good way to meet people whose interests are the same. Will anybody be able to make a clan?

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Would it be like the Exit Path clans sort of?

Exactly. And with groups/clans on the site, users won't need to make multiple accounts. We'll be working on a way to merge your game progress from your multiple accounts into a single 'main' account, and disable all other accounts, that sort of thing, so that all of your game history will be on a single account for achievements, etc.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Will anybody be able to make a clan?

We'll probably have a reputation level or some other requirement (must be an active member for 6-12 months or something) to meet before you can create a clan.
Showing 1-10 of 10