ForumsNews and FeedbackChat

21 6790
jacksonghuntington
jacksonghuntington
347 posts
Nomad

I think there should be a live chat sort of like gmail. i know what ur saying, that its been said before. Well, id like it so we could chat during games while we play or be able to chat anywhere like the forums. thanks!!!

• 21 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Read the official response from cormyn on this thread.

You could chat with people via messenger. Or just make a xat chat-room.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

@v6y:
Your post has nothing to do with the subject of this thread. The OP was asking for a chat on Armor Games.

Also if you dislike xat chat-rooms then don't go there. You no nothing about them either if you say that they are always almost empty, because they are not. The ones that I visit always have people in it.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

Yeah, CountingTime has always at least 5 people. Cormyn said Dan was considering it, but it will definitely not be in the opening launch of AG3. You can sign up here.

GhostOfMetal
GhostOfMetal
694 posts
Shepherd

the only chat room specifically for Armor Games users (other than clan chat rooms) is this: http://www.mumuplayer.com/armor_games
thats the only AG users only chat that i know

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

Here ya go. [url]http://www.mumuplayer.com/armor_games[/url]. =P

And here is Counting Time.

Mumu player is to post music+chat and Counting Time is just to chat.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Not a good idea. This would cause MASS spamming, out of control abuse of the system.... The mods would be working way overtime if we did that

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

This would cause MASS spamming, out of control abuse of the system.... The mods would be working way overtime if we did that

What if it was a system similar to Kongregate's? They have Forum Moderators and Chat Moderators.
It would work out.
RamTitan
RamTitan
6 posts
Nomad

Off-topic: Get back tot topic >.>

Anyway... as it has been said it wont be here for
Ag3 but still, it could be useful to chat AND play, Kongregate has that but I wont go back to that gaming site cuz I quit (too many trolls on my fav room) still, its a good format AG could use...

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,366 posts
Nomad

Well, if we want a chatroom, but don't want the spammers, why don't we just require a minimum Karma rating to use the chatroom? I know we've been talking about Karma requirements for other stuff on AG3.

seVain5
seVain5
219 posts
Nomad

Does chat necessarily have to be open to everybody? If you want to talk to somebody, you make a new chat and put a password on it so nobody else can join and give the password to whoever you want in the chat. That way spammers will most likely not get invited to any chats, and nobody would probably join their chats.

There would be multiple chat rooms. You could label the chatroom and put a password on it if you wanted. The creator's username would be listed with the chat, and if you wanted to search for any chatrooms you could look up a person's name if you didn't know the name of the chatroom but knew the name of the person who created it. Make sense?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Does chat necessarily have to be open to everybody? If you want to talk to somebody, you make a new chat and put a password on it so nobody else can join and give the password to whoever you want in the chat. That way spammers will most likely not get invited to any chats, and nobody would probably join their chats.

There would be multiple chat rooms. You could label the chatroom and put a password on it if you wanted. The creator's username would be listed with the chat, and if you wanted to search for any chatrooms you could look up a person's name if you didn't know the name of the chatroom but knew the name of the person who created it. Make sense?

Segregation.
If users on this site really want to chat with others they could just make a xat chat-room(or any other chat place) or chat via messenger.
jacksonghuntington
jacksonghuntington
347 posts
Nomad

or maybe there is an option to just talk to one person? like a request? and i totally agree with chat room moderators. thats an amazing idea.

blackpaladin
blackpaladin
75 posts
Shepherd

on a clan site from a online game we hat a chat bar where you can click 1 guy to talk to. a bit like the facebook chat, that might be a good system. just saying

Iphone
Iphone
455 posts
Nomad

I think it would be nice to just have as a bar at the bottom of the screen where you could minimize it if need be, then maximize it when you want to chat with friends/people on armor games/etc.

drakethan
drakethan
5 posts
Nomad

Nah I'ts like that on facebook. When I'm in the middle of playing a game it pops up: Hi I exit out of it and then I;m dead in my game!

Showing 1-15 of 21