ForumsNews and Feedbackwhich games have you rated?

17 6258
foxyman6978
foxyman6978
128 posts
Nomad

What do you think about having an extra line underneath a game where you can see what you rated to know if you like the game or not and if you want to play it again, or if you don't know what game to play so if you see that you rated so and so game a 9.5/10 then you would know you like the game.

It would look a little something like this...

top(game thumbnail)
next(game title)
after(average rating)
bottom(what you rated it)

• 17 Replies
LEAPretard
LEAPretard
1,328 posts
Nomad

Just Bookmark it lol

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Do you mean like a list where it shows you all the games that you've rated?
I would like that feature.

Just Bookmark it

Bookmark all the games that you've rated? That would be very hard since I can't even remember most games that I've rated.
foxyman6978
foxyman6978
128 posts
Nomad

Do you mean like a list where it shows you all the games that you've rated?
I would like that feature.

@ghostofmatrix
that is what I mean
Maultex
Maultex
62 posts
Nomad

I have thought about something like that myself because sometimes i forget what games ive played over time. the only problem is this would really help spammers who are just rating games for AP.

LEAPretard
LEAPretard
1,328 posts
Nomad

nahhh i rate just about every game i play and i only fav it if i realy like it. usualy i have a seperate folder on my browser which contains other games tha i favor using my browser

letgodsortthem
letgodsortthem
84 posts
Scribe

like leapRETARD, I rate everything I play, but only once I've played it at least a couple times. I'll fav many games and come back to them later... and delete the ones I don't like later on(or the ones I've played out -> 98% of puzzle games can really only be played through once. Sometimes twice.

And since this is the only gaming site I frequent, just popping Armor Games onto the Bookmark bar of Chrome or IE is good enough.

63 posts
Farmer

I rate every game I play, and I've played nearly every game on ArmorGames. But I only favorite the ones worth replaying later on and it's always a nice experience to rediscover great games.

foxyman6978
foxyman6978
128 posts
Nomad

the only problem is this would really help spammers who are just rating games for AP.

It would, and that would have to be fixed somehow (i dont know how, im not that smart) but it would help people to know which games they really liked so they could play it.

Ohhhh I figured out how to stop the problem listed above (apperently I am that smart lol) you would have to play the game for over a certain amount of time...
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

the only problem is this would really help spammers who are just rating games for AP.

Read the sticky about Armor Points at the top of this Forum.

My memory is a little iffy, but I think in AG3 they aren't going to give away new points for rating games. You'll just rate and that's how it'll remain. I can't say for sure since I can't remember that well.
nahhh i rate just about every game i play and i only fav it if i realy like it. usualy i have a seperate folder on my browser which contains other games tha i favor using my browser

Good for you. However not everyone is going to rate a game then save it into a separate folder.
It's why this idea is good.
Bearsal1121
Bearsal1121
290 posts
Nomad

Well, I guess it's a good idea, but it will get to bulky, and disorganized.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

I agree that it would be nice to see which games you have played before (I rate games after I play them).

Iphone
Iphone
455 posts
Nomad

I think it would get so cluttered that it would be hard to even see the screen!

blackpaladin
blackpaladin
75 posts
Shepherd

maybe underneath the litle pic of the game a bar where you can see what you voted just like it says about average now

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I think it would get so cluttered that it would be hard to even see the screen!

If there was a little folder type feature on your profile and all of your favorite games are in there it wouldn't be cluttered. It would be organized well. It would just have a lot of pages. There should also be a feature to where you can organize them yourself. For example: Date you rated them, alphabetical order, highest rating, lowest rating, etc. . . .
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

A few corrections... AG3 allows you to re-rate a game, so if you think it's a 10 today and an 8 tomorrow, you can change your mind. This will be handy for bug fixes... if they release a buggy version and people rate it poorly, then the author fixes bugs, then people can go back and re-rate them.

As far as the original post goes of seeing a list of every game you've rated... man, my list would be gigantic since I've rated almost every game on the system (took me over a year to play them all!)

I'm not convinced there would be any value, other than to maybe see a list of games you've never played, which might be a more convenient list to see? Since we'll be tracking your play history on AG3, it'll be easy enough to build a list of games that you've never played/rated. If someone wants to post that on Get Satisfaction for the webdev crew, we can certainly consider that idea for post-launch.

Showing 1-15 of 17