ForumsNews and FeedbackForum suggestions

3 2670
rohanb
rohanb
27 posts
Nomad

I have a few suggestions that I think will help improve the forums

1. An edit button
Many times a I reply to some posts and after I submit my reply, I see another post which I want to reply to as well. I suggest a temporary edit button which can only be clicked for 10 minutes since you posted the reply. This will help making sure people don't double post.

2. Direct link to last few posts
I really think this is a good idea and will help users reply to replies of their posts

3. Newest posts
Ive seen this on many forums before. Its basically a page where the top 30 new threads/posts (per page) from all categories of the forum are listed. I know many people who browse only one category in this forum like The Tavern. This page will let users browse through the recent posts from all categories and reply to any ones that interest them. They can still go straight to The Tavern if they only want to view posts from that category only.

I'm sorry if these suggestions have already been made. I haven't checked past 3 pages

• 3 Replies
BubbleBeast23
BubbleBeast23
44 posts
Nomad

it would be nice not to have the thirty second wait thing, because with my computer i have to restart the page after 30 seconds for it to work.but i agree with your opinions as well

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

1. An edit button
Many times a I reply to some posts and after I submit my reply, I see another post which I want to reply to as well. I suggest a temporary edit button which can only be clicked for 10 minutes since you posted the reply. This will help making sure people don't double post.

Edit forum post.
Read cormyn's reply in that thread. The Administrators/Web Developer's are aware of it and could have it under consideration for AG3.
3. Newest posts
Ive seen this on many forums before. Its basically a page where the top 30 new threads/posts (per page) from all categories of the forum are listed. I know many people who browse only one category in this forum like The Tavern. This page will let users browse through the recent posts from all categories and reply to any ones that interest them. They can still go straight to The Tavern if they only want to view posts from that category only.

You can click on each individual forum and see the most recent threads on the first page. Many people visit the tavern, yes. But just as much visit all the other forums.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Thanks, GoM.

1. We've talked about it.

2. We've talked about it.

3. We've talked about it.

Please look through the forums to see what we've already discussed before posting "new" ideas.

Showing 1-3 of 3