ForumsNews and FeedbackIdeas and Discussions about: Changing Usernames in AG3

301 81806
scardragon99
scardragon99
570 posts
Nomad

Hi i have heard a rumor about that you can change your username in ag3. Is this true? And also if it is true won't people steal your username or is that impossible.

• 301 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I like the Idea that you can change your username but I think that there should be a limit like only once a week or so that way we know who users are.

Cormyn mentioned throughout this thread that it'll probably be a once a month or every few months thing, just to avoid confusion. It would get very confusing if a lot of people changed their username every week.
j_c_mooncity
j_c_mooncity
1,060 posts
Nomad

You can't steal other people's name unless they say so. What if Strop changes his name to Dr. Strop, someone could steal the original, and then people would get confused.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Cormyn also mentioned that it'll show on your profile that it'll show "y's name used to be x".

And if you decide to change your name then that's your problem, we don't have a "copyright" on our names here at AG, so if someone changes it to your previous name, we can't do anything about it.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Sorry, I'm playing a game right now and it's difficult to switch and type. Above post can be deleted, let me rewrite it:

Cormyn also mentioned that it'll show on your profile "y's name used to be x" so people know who you used to be and they don't get confused easily.

And if you decide to change your name then that's your problem, we don't have a "copyright" on our names here at AG, so if someone changes it to your previous name, we can't do anything about it.

undelivering
undelivering
65 posts
Nomad

Yes, good idea since i thnk ur not allowed to make new accs

bears8
bears8
13 posts
Nomad

I want it.
I want my Username to be EL53.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Yes, good idea since i thnk ur not allowed to make new accs

You are, but it's frowned upon to post in the forums/comments with them.
I want my Username to be EL53.

Yeah, but the feature isn't here yet, just have to be patient! Or you can create a new account and abandon your current one.
lollypop
lollypop
4 posts
Nomad

i think when you look at someones profile it should have a list somewhere that shows all of their old usernames. this way you can still show that you were the original user of the name so no one gets confused.

lollypop
lollypop
4 posts
Nomad

I especially like this feature idea because when I made my username years back I spelled "lollipop" incorrectly as you can see. plus I would like to outgrow my childish user name from 4 or 5 years ago.

undelivering
undelivering
65 posts
Nomad

Lollypop is a original username though :/

ShikamaruE2
ShikamaruE2
1 posts
Nomad

@darkrai097 But if everyone does that a lot, eventually there will be no number names left. I think that if you choose to change your username if it will be possible, you lose your old one, and if you want to change it back to the old username, you just better hope it's still available.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

i think when you look at someones profile it should have a list somewhere that shows all of their old usernames. this way you can still show that you were the original user of the name so no one gets confused.

I believe that's what they're planning. It'll avoid confusion between users.
benjaminio
benjaminio
83 posts
Nomad

wouldnt that confuse people even more? cos then you'd possibly have 5 different people who've all "owned" the same name at different times, and it'd become really difficult to find who was or is the "real" person
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

wouldnt that confuse people even more? cos then you'd possibly have 5 different people who've all "owned" the same name at different times, and it'd become really difficult to find who was or is the "real" person

Not if there's a date saying when you changed it.
benjaminio
benjaminio
83 posts
Nomad

ah, smart. then yea i guess that'd be real kool, i like it

Showing 181-195 of 301