zizo90

173 posts

so we will can change our username ?
that`s so good to change our username

Posted Jun 27, '11 at 4:45am

valboss84

valboss84

1,475 posts

Yes, we will be able, but not at launch. Few days or weeks later, I think. Many people want to change (included me), so Armor Games will have a lot of work to satisfy everybody. They'll have to include quickly this possiblility.

Posted Jun 27, '11 at 12:16pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

It may be months before you can change your name. It's not a "launch" feature.

Posted Jul 4, '11 at 1:17pm

PlasmaMan

PlasmaMan

407 posts

I'm glad to hear this because I don't want thousands of people jumping at super popular names (GhostOfMatrix, Firetail_Madness etc...)

Posted Jul 4, '11 at 2:05pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,317 posts

I'm glad to hear this because I don't want thousands of people jumping at super popular names (GhostOfMatrix, Firetail_Madness etc...)

Also, no two users can have the same username, and the usernames of banned users won't be allowed based on what I've heard. I do agree that waiting for username changing will be a good idea.

Posted Jul 4, '11 at 2:20pm

Ghgt99

Ghgt99

1,440 posts

no two users can have the same username,

If you have a name of say, SnakeMaster and you change it to SnakeMaster99, if you wait 30 days and no one has taken the name SnakeMaster, you can get it back.

Posted Jul 4, '11 at 4:06pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,317 posts

If you have a name of say, SnakeMaster and you change it to SnakeMaster99, if you wait 30 days and no one has taken the name SnakeMaster, you can get it back.

That's not the same username though. Those two usernames mentioned are similar, but not the same.

Posted Jul 5, '11 at 2:14pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

What Patrick2011 was saying is that no two users can have the same username AT THE SAME TIME. This is why we have a 30-day waiting period when you change your name, before anyone else can take that name.

Posted Jul 12, '11 at 7:51am

valboss84

valboss84

1,475 posts

I don't understand why you talk about that. The current system (can't use the same username if it's ever used) is perfect, I think.

If you could be more precise on "30 days sytem", I would thank you.

Posted Jul 13, '11 at 8:27pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

The 30-day window is so that if you were to change your name to just 'valboss', someone else searching for valboss84 could still find you. Or people who had bookmarked armorgames.com/user/valboss84 could still get to your profile page.

We'll keep that redirection/notification active for 30 days, as well as having a note on your profile that you recently changed your name from "Valboss84" to "Valboss" in a very clear location so other users will know you've changed your name, etc.. We'll probably warn them to reset any bookmarks, etc..