ForumsNews and FeedbackIdeas and Discussions about: Changing Usernames in AG3

301 82062
scardragon99
scardragon99
570 posts
Nomad

Hi i have heard a rumor about that you can change your username in ag3. Is this true? And also if it is true won't people steal your username or is that impossible.

• 301 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

However, if you change your name and you realise that you don't like it, will there be any way to change it back to one of your previous ones if it hasn't been taken?

Cormyn mentioned that they were thinking about putting an option for the first month you change it you'll have the ability to change back. So if someone changes their username then they have the option to change back within the first month, and nobody can take your username during that month, but after that time frame it will become available for use.
dragonico
dragonico
474 posts
Nomad

Does this mean that you cant use the same username twice.
You dont have to change your username right?

Matthewrents
Matthewrents
15 posts
Nomad

I like the idea of having the right to change your username, but I see how it could be confusing. I have played online games where people were banned, and then someone would use that name as their own. Its like the impersonating that was mentioned early on in the thread, but I'm sure it would be taken care of. So I have no concerns. But, I like my name. No changing for me!!

gprange
gprange
15 posts
Farmer

Gotta agree with matthew on this, the ability to change your name could be nice (like for security) but people would end up misusing it. I'm not planning on changing anytime soon though!!

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Does this mean that you cant use the same username twice.

You can. Once you change your username from your original you'll have the option to change back within a month.
You dont have to change your username right?

No. It's one of those features that are optional.
I have played online games where people were banned, and then someone would use that name as their own.

Cormyn also mentioned that you won't be able to use banned users' names.
invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

But then wouldn't you have to post "This is the new account of ____" on your changed username profile?

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

But then wouldn't you have to post "This is the new account of ____" on your changed username profile?

If you did, would it really be that much of a hassle? I would think there would be some sort of notification on your profile that states what your last username was anyway.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

It's going to be automated and put somewhere on your profile. Example: GhostOfMatrix changed their name to _____ on [insert date here]
benjaminio
benjaminio
83 posts
Nomad

It's going to be automated and put somewhere on your profile. Example: GhostOfMatrix changed their name to _____ on [insert date here]

I imagine that will disappear once the one month grace period for the new username is up?
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I doubt it since it will cause slight confusion among the users. I think they should just keep it in a small section on the profile labeled "username changes" or something like that.

younieboy
younieboy
297 posts
Blacksmith

why would you like to change your username?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

They don't like their current username, obviously.
JUSTnewHERE
JUSTnewHERE
33 posts
Jester

At first, I really don't like the thought of changing your Usernames. I think we should probably put Usernames AND "Nicknames". These 'Nicknames' are the changeable and these will also serve as your 'Public Name'.
"So, what happens to your username?"
You still have a username, this will be your 'Log-In' name.
But the thought that you have the:
"BLANK changed their name to _______ on [insert date here]"
I like that idea.

invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

Well, when new users create an account here and start to get involved in the community more, your username is how people identify you. If you have a username called "YummyFeces" or something, I don't think you would want people saying "Hey feces, did you see my post?".
idontlikeyou
idontlikeyou
41 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I don't like my name much either, because I didn't plan to actually comment at all, so I just put the first name that came to my head. I like the way AG points are now, I wish that they wouldn't change.

Showing 211-225 of 301