Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Ideas and Discussions about: Changing Usernames in AG3

Thread Locked

Posted Aug 2, '11 at 9:24pm

Picklegunner

Picklegunner

3 posts

We should have a system of one name change at first then one for either level up in Ap or every class level up in AP.

Posted Aug 3, '11 at 4:27pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

We should have a system of one name change at first then one for either level up in Ap or every class level up in AP.

The username change is a "convenience feature" of AG3. We don't want users to keep changing their name every week, it would cause too much confusion.

When you opt to choose your name, you can't change it again for a long period of time. Right now, I'm aiming for 3 months or 6 months.

Posted Aug 9, '11 at 1:38pm

brp47

brp47

558 posts

i'm fine with the idea of changing usernames, its also a good way to protect your account so people can't even tell your username or your password.

But i'm a frequent user of a game where you can change your name, i changed mine to a epic ducky47 then someone made and account called epic ducky40 and went around annoying people and now everyone hates me, i would hate that to happen to anyone else.

Posted Aug 9, '11 at 1:59pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,845 posts

But i'm a frequent user of a game where you can change your name, i changed mine to a epic ducky47 then someone made and account called epic ducky40 and went around annoying people and now everyone hates me, i would hate that to happen to anyone else.

Then you should be careful about username changes.

Posted Aug 9, '11 at 3:56pm

brp47

brp47

558 posts

Then you should be careful about username changes.

bit harsh seeing as i had that account name a whole 1 and a half years until it was copied.

Posted Aug 9, '11 at 5:23pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

brp47, that's more of a user issue than a technology issue though. Someone copying your username or making a similar username for the most part is out of anyone's control. Heck if your real name was John Smith, nothing stops me from going to a court, legally changing my name to John Smith, and then doing all kinds of crappy stuff.

Posted Aug 9, '11 at 5:54pm

brp47

brp47

558 posts

ye i take your point on that 1 but as for the limited time-span between name changes, i think its going to be very good

Posted Aug 11, '11 at 1:21am

Jefferysinspiration

Jefferysinspiration

3,138 posts

I'm looking forward to the name change.
& brp47, i'd thought of that too, trolls taking a similar name and pretending to be you. I can see it causing a slight problem in the forums for a milisecond, but as soon as a person clicks on your profile they'll know it's you - even if the person copies your profile (Which when reported will be warned/banned), your history, points, reputation etc should be able to back you up.

The limited time-span is a great idea too though :]

Posted Aug 11, '11 at 5:41am

brp47

brp47

558 posts

yep that is the advantage of AG over that site, it has a profile which is easily recognizable to a certain individual plalyer.

Posted Aug 14, '11 at 10:01pm

SierraCastaway

SierraCastaway

70 posts

NO NO NO! NO changing your Username. Please don't include this. That means that if you change your username, someone else can't have that username! Other players would be stuck with names with numbers!!!