ForumsNews and FeedbackIdeas and Discussions about: Changing Usernames in AG3

301 81802
scardragon99
scardragon99
570 posts
Nomad

Hi i have heard a rumor about that you can change your username in ag3. Is this true? And also if it is true won't people steal your username or is that impossible.

• 301 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We've already discussed a "display" name versus actual account identifier. Since we need something "unique" about you, we don't want to just use some lame number, or expose your Email address, etc., so we decided AGAINST a "display" setup, and just let users change their actual username.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

You should make it so that you can make it so people can't make insulting names. Or try to insult people with their name

This is already in the rules of the site. Users that do so can be banned.
RabidRaccoon
RabidRaccoon
71 posts
Nomad

I don't want my name stolen; even AFTER a month.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

CAN YOU CHANGE YOUR USERNAME IN AG3?

There should be an option to change username, although I'm not planning on a name change.

To protect your name, just keep it.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I don't want my name stolen;

Then don't change it. The whole point of the name change feature is to change your username on this site. If you really like your original one and don't want anyone to take it, then don't change it.
CAN YOU CHANGE YOUR USERNAME IN AG3?

Posting in all caps is really annoying to read and is against the Forum rules.
But yes, there will be a feature in AGv3 that will allow you to change your username. Though it won't be at launch. But it's one of the things they have planned.
TheGr8est
TheGr8est
704 posts
Nomad

Doesnt it cost karma points or something like that?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Doesnt it cost karma points or something like that?

You won't purchase the thing. . this isn't like yoville or any of that stuff. When you REACH a certain point of reputation or karma then you'll be able to do it, I suppose.
exicoasterpath
exicoasterpath
257 posts
Nomad

I'm glad. Although I don't want to change my username, if I think of a better one that more suits me, I will use it.

sodangobsessed
sodangobsessed
200 posts
Nomad

I kinda want a shorter name for me and better so I really hope the thing about Changing Usernames go on AG3.

exicoasterpath
exicoasterpath
257 posts
Nomad

It will go. Cormyn already said it. Look at the rest of the threads on AG3 to have more information.

scorchx
scorchx
16 posts
Peasant

Username changes can be both good and bad, good if you get sick of the same moniker and wish to change it (like my live account name), but then you get people who change names several times a month and annoy you.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

you get people who change names several times a month and annoy you.

You'll only be able to change it once a month then you can change to the old one if you want. So you don't have to worry about people changing their usernames constantly.
Sarquann
Sarquann
98 posts
Peasant

I don't like this idea and I think it might be to much trouble for its worth. Say if firetail_madness changed his, by purpose or accident, people would sit there at the end of the thirty days just pressing the name change button until someone gets it. And Would the names be posted directly under the name and the posts be moved down? Because I want to know if they are the trolls.
I think its brings too much problems.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

And Would the names be posted directly under the name and the posts be moved down?  Because I want to know if they are the trolls

What exactly do you mean? Do oyu mean on your profile? If so I think so for a month after your change, and what do you mean by trolls? (You can't troll wit your use name if that's what you mean, you'll get peram-banned.)

Say if firetail_madness changed his, by purpose or accident, people would sit there at the end of the thirty days just pressing the name change button until someone gets it.

Well first come first severed, ya snoze ya lose,finders keepers loser weepers,
Lifes isn't fair, and ya don't always get what ya want. Those all seem to cover it.

Well think of it as any other thing you own, if you sell or give away or even though away that object and get a new one , but then go " hmm I liked the old one better" you can't just say I want my old one back, some else owns it now.
Same with the usernames, and making it so you have a &quotatten" on it and no one can use after you change to a new one would make it so people can just make a name and change over and over so that they own all these names that no one can touch! Now that is real trolling! But you'l have a once a month limit. (Cuz of the. Month period thing)

So I think cormyn should stick with the plann they have at the moment.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Say if firetail_madness changed his, by purpose or accident, people would sit there at the end of the thirty days just pressing the name change button until someone gets it.

People can tell the difference between others.
And Would the names be posted directly under the name and the posts be moved down? Because I want to know if they are the trolls.

Read through the whole thread. Cormyn said something about the Administrators and Moderators being able to see your name change history. When you do change your name, the URL Address for your profile will remain your old username for 30 days. After that, it switches to the new username. As for trolls, Moderators and Administrators can see the name change history. If someone attempts to troll the forums with someone's old username, they will be banned.
Showing 46-60 of 301