Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Ideas and Discussions about: Changing Usernames in AG3

Thread Locked

Posted Mar 28, '11 at 11:07pm

Kevin4762

Kevin4762

2,374 posts

Horrible idea. I think it should be a privilege given out once a year.

Posted Mar 28, '11 at 11:09pm

exicoasterpath

exicoasterpath

265 posts

That would be a good idea. But it is your account. And is too slim chances to get picked to change your name.

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 12:27pm

Pazx

Pazx

4,494 posts

If you want to change your name back, you (a) have to wait 30 days, and (b) hope nobody takes your old name after the 30-day period and before you log back in to change it back.

Couldn't you like, give us 30 days in which we could change back instead of making us wait 30 days and risk losing our name?

Hmmph.

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 1:08pm

thepyro222

thepyro222

1,978 posts

I know of a lot of forum sites who will have a username, for the purpose of keeping tabs on the users and logging in that they cannot change, but they also have a display name that they can change whenever they want. All the display name is is what displays on the forum. Problem solved

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 1:14pm

Runescape124

Runescape124

91 posts

I know of a lot of forum sites who will have a username, for the purpose of keeping tabs on the users and logging in that they cannot change, but they also have a display name that they can change whenever they want. All the display name is is what displays on the forum. Problem solved

well, what if all that shows IS the Display name?

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 11:13pm

thepyro222

thepyro222

1,978 posts

well, what if all that shows IS the Display name?

The display name would be all that shows. the username would be for moderation/ administrative purposes.

Posted Mar 30, '11 at 10:42pm

Deathdealer14

Deathdealer14

101 posts

You should make it so that you can make it so people can't make insulting names. Or try to insult people with their name, (Yes I know my name might be offending, but i was younger then. And I wish to change it.) Like blahblahsucks or blahblah is stupid. Just a suggestion. Hope it helps. :)

Posted Mar 31, '11 at 2:48am

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

We've already discussed a "display" name versus actual account identifier. Since we need something "unique" about you, we don't want to just use some lame number, or expose your Email address, etc., so we decided AGAINST a "display" setup, and just let users change their actual username.

Posted Mar 31, '11 at 2:49am

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

You should make it so that you can make it so people can't make insulting names. Or try to insult people with their name

This is already in the rules of the site. Users that do so can be banned.

Posted Apr 2, '11 at 10:37am

RabidRaccoon

RabidRaccoon

57 posts

I don't want my name stolen; even AFTER a month.