Ideas and Discussions about: Changing Usernames in AG3

Thread Locked

Posted Apr 3, '11 at 5:39pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

11,691 posts

Knight

CAN YOU CHANGE YOUR USERNAME IN AG3?

There should be an option to change username, although I'm not planning on a name change.

I don't want my name stolen; even AFTER a month.

To protect your name, just keep it.

Posted Apr 3, '11 at 5:42pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,478 posts

Knight

I don't want my name stolen;

Then don't change it. The whole point of the name change feature is to change your username on this site. If you really like your original one and don't want anyone to take it, then don't change it.
CAN YOU CHANGE YOUR USERNAME IN AG3?

Posting in all caps is really annoying to read and is against the Forum rules.
But yes, there will be a feature in AGv3 that will allow you to change your username. Though it won't be at launch. But it's one of the things they have planned.

Posted Apr 3, '11 at 5:57pm

TheGr8est

TheGr8est

724 posts

Doesnt it cost karma points or something like that?

Posted Apr 3, '11 at 5:58pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,478 posts

Knight

Doesnt it cost karma points or something like that?

You won't purchase the thing. . this isn't like yoville or any of that stuff. When you REACH a certain point of reputation or karma then you'll be able to do it, I suppose.

Posted Apr 3, '11 at 6:29pm

exicoasterpath

exicoasterpath

273 posts

I'm glad. Although I don't want to change my username, if I think of a better one that more suits me, I will use it.

Posted Apr 3, '11 at 7:22pm

sodangobsessed

sodangobsessed

204 posts

I kinda want a shorter name for me and better so I really hope the thing about Changing Usernames go on AG3.

Posted Apr 3, '11 at 8:15pm

exicoasterpath

exicoasterpath

273 posts

It will go. Cormyn already said it. Look at the rest of the threads on AG3 to have more information.

Posted Apr 4, '11 at 10:21am

scorchx

scorchx

12 posts

Username changes can be both good and bad, good if you get sick of the same moniker and wish to change it (like my live account name), but then you get people who change names several times a month and annoy you.

Posted Apr 4, '11 at 2:50pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,478 posts

Knight

you get people who change names several times a month and annoy you.

You'll only be able to change it once a month then you can change to the old one if you want. So you don't have to worry about people changing their usernames constantly.

Posted Apr 4, '11 at 6:16pm

Sarquann

Sarquann

100 posts

I don't like this idea and I think it might be to much trouble for its worth. Say if firetail_madness changed his, by purpose or accident, people would sit there at the end of the thirty days just pressing the name change button until someone gets it. And Would the names be posted directly under the name and the posts be moved down? Because I want to know if they are the trolls.
I think its brings too much problems.