ForumsNews and FeedbackIdeas and Discussions about: Changing Usernames in AG3

301 81807
scardragon99
scardragon99
570 posts
Nomad

Hi i have heard a rumor about that you can change your username in ag3. Is this true? And also if it is true won't people steal your username or is that impossible.

• 301 Replies
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Alerting friends would be a good idea, incase for a day they're like "Who the heck are ya?"

Or maybe a -Insert name here-: Used to be JefferysInspiration on your profile, but that probably wouldn't work if the name will be up for grabs in a month.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Would it alert your friends

It'll probably show up in the public activity stream so ALL users see it.

We've talked about having a little hover tooltip thing show up when you hover over a user's armatar with their points, etc., Maybe we'll add something lie "bigfatkitty (used to be named smallskinnydoggy)" in there or something /shrug
jayjay9
jayjay9
487 posts
Peasant

Yeah i will change my name to JayJay9, cause jayjay9 looks boring!

Ghostofelements
Ghostofelements
99 posts
Nomad

I think this is a great idea, because if you understand that your name is bad, you can change it in a better name.

JellyBear
JellyBear
229 posts
Nomad

This is a good idea; perhaps you have to wait a certain time before changing a name or maybe even pay AP for a name change, or whatever the collected points will be.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

perhaps you have to wait a certain time before changing a name or maybe even pay AP for a name change, or whatever the collected points will be.

It'll probably the former, with waiting a certain time or even being allowed to change it once a month or something. I doubt they'd want to make this site like Yoville with using points to purchase things.
jayjay9
jayjay9
487 posts
Peasant

Yeah, but if you change your username will one of your friends probably think: Who the h*ll is he??! And delete you as friend. What about you can only change your username a little bit. And then there will be in NEWS.
******* has changed username to *******

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Yeah, but if you change your username will one of your friends probably think: Who the h*ll is he??! And delete you as friend.

How does that really matter? You can just message them if they do that. And friends on AG3 have to be mutual, meaning they must have you added to consider you a friend on there.
What about you can only change your username a little bit.

I dislike this idea. Why should I be limited on what I can change my username to just because it might confuse a few people? I agree on the idea of an announcement, though. Such as on your profile it'll show "GhostOfMatrix has changed his username to [insert new username here]!" Or something like that, but I don't want it being permanently there, perhaps the announcement being there for something like two weeks. When I'm able to change my username I don't want to be reminded of this one; I want to move on.
Ghostofelements
Ghostofelements
99 posts
Nomad

You have to be an active member if you want to change your username.
So, what should I do to be an active member? Just commenting?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

You have to be an active member if you want to change your username.
So, what should I do to be an active member? Just commenting?

The requirements are unknown, so don't mini-admin by saying that only active users can change their username.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

^ Yeah, think about it; why would he post that sentence then ask two questions about it? He probably doesn't know how to quote, since he's done the same thing in several other threads, so think some more before blurting accusations.

@Ghostofelements:
I don't think they'd make it where you have to be active for a certain amount of time, but make it where you can only change it once a month or something. I'd much prefer it being once a month. Why should a name change feature not be allowed for people just because they aren't active in the community? Not everyone rates games and such.

manarion
manarion
87 posts
Nomad

you do have a point, but say a guy with a very wanted name quites ex: bob or john or something like that?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

you do have a point, but say a guy with a very wanted name quites ex: bob or john or something like that?

No two users can have the exact same username, and the usernames of banned users cannot be used.
Ghostofelements
Ghostofelements
99 posts
Nomad

@GhostOfMatrix:
I wrote that sentence because I read cormyn's sentence. He said that.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We haven't decided on the parameters needed, but it will probably require that you've been a member for a period of time and have a good reputation.

Showing 151-165 of 301