ForumsNews and FeedbackIdeas and Discussions about: Changing Usernames in AG3

301 81798
scardragon99
scardragon99
570 posts
Nomad

Hi i have heard a rumor about that you can change your username in ag3. Is this true? And also if it is true won't people steal your username or is that impossible.

• 301 Replies
barketot
barketot
1 posts
Nomad

SO, I HAVE TO MAKE A NEW ACCOUNT IN AG3?
soz caps

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

SO, I HAVE TO MAKE A NEW ACCOUNT IN AG3?

No. You keep the same account, but you will be able to change your username provided you meet the requirements.
Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

This sounds awesome, but I don't think I'm gonna change my name :P

Ghostofelements
Ghostofelements
99 posts
Nomad

Ok, but I think there are a lot of people who want to change their username. I'm one of them.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

This sounds awesome, but I don't think I'm gonna change my name :P

Ok, but I think there are a lot of people who want to change their username. I'm one of them.

Not everyone has to use the username change feature, but I think it should be there with controls to prevent spam and minimize confusion.
Ghostofelements
Ghostofelements
99 posts
Nomad

Not everyone has to use the username change feature

Of course, but I think it's very useful if you don't like the name you chose.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

[quote]Not everyone has to use the username change feature

Of course, but I think it's very useful if you don't like the name you chose.[/quote]

I didn't say no to the feature. In fact, I say yes to the feature.
Ghostofelements
Ghostofelements
99 posts
Nomad

I agree with you, and I understood that you like this idea, but I was just saying that is useful. I think there should be a message when these updates will come out.

owengreggans98
owengreggans98
1 posts
Nomad

i tink we should get an email maybe or some notification telling us about the updates and when they come out

acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

i tink we should get an email maybe or some notification telling us about the updates and when they come out

It's been like this for a while during private beta, but since the release of public beta, the email notifications have been discontinued.

Imagine this: A system that can generate emails to over 1.6 million users. Most of them being ghost accounts. It's impossible.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I agree with you, and I understood that you like this idea, but I was just saying that is useful. I think there should be a message when these updates will come out.

Emails would be nice, rather than stumbling upon it through looking around the site, that way you actually know when the features come out and what you can do.
Imagine this: A system that can generate emails to over 1.6 million users. Most of them being ghost accounts. It's impossible.

No it isn't, many sites use it, such as Facebook, PhotoBucket, Formspring, Kongregate, etc. and they have more users than AG.
gocto
gocto
48 posts
Nomad

Username change is good and interesting idea.

godchris
godchris
13 posts
Nomad

I hope we will be able to change our names b/c mine was a mistake.

freerunnerz
freerunnerz
12 posts
Peasant

I would just like to thank all of the administrators for that incite. It was very clear, comprehend-able, and enlightening to know about the upcoming changes.

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

I like the Idea that you can change your username but I think that there should be a limit like only once a week or so that way we know who users are.

Showing 166-180 of 301