ForumsNews and FeedbackIdeas and Discussions about: Changing Usernames in AG3

304 45080
scardragon99
scardragon99
572 posts
Peasant

Hi i have heard a rumor about that you can change your username in ag3. Is this true? And also if it is true won't people steal your username or is that impossible.

• 304 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,358 posts
Templar

you do have a point, but say a guy with a very wanted name quites ex: bob or john or something like that?

No two users can have the exact same username, and the usernames of banned users cannot be used.
Ghostofelements
Ghostofelements
107 posts
Peasant

@GhostOfMatrix:
I wrote that sentence because I read cormyn's sentence. He said that.

cormyn
cormyn
2,908 posts
Peasant

We haven't decided on the parameters needed, but it will probably require that you've been a member for a period of time and have a good reputation.

barketot
barketot
1 posts
Peasant

SO, I HAVE TO MAKE A NEW ACCOUNT IN AG3?
soz caps

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,358 posts
Templar

SO, I HAVE TO MAKE A NEW ACCOUNT IN AG3?

No. You keep the same account, but you will be able to change your username provided you meet the requirements.
Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
953 posts
Peasant

This sounds awesome, but I don't think I'm gonna change my name :P

Ghostofelements
Ghostofelements
107 posts
Peasant

Ok, but I think there are a lot of people who want to change their username. I'm one of them.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,358 posts
Templar

This sounds awesome, but I don't think I'm gonna change my name :P

Ok, but I think there are a lot of people who want to change their username. I'm one of them.

Not everyone has to use the username change feature, but I think it should be there with controls to prevent spam and minimize confusion.
Ghostofelements
Ghostofelements
107 posts
Peasant

Not everyone has to use the username change feature

Of course, but I think it's very useful if you don't like the name you chose.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,358 posts
Templar

[quote]Not everyone has to use the username change feature

Of course, but I think it's very useful if you don't like the name you chose.[/quote]

I didn't say no to the feature. In fact, I say yes to the feature.
Ghostofelements
Ghostofelements
107 posts
Peasant

I agree with you, and I understood that you like this idea, but I was just saying that is useful. I think there should be a message when these updates will come out.

owengreggans98
owengreggans98
2 posts
Peasant

i tink we should get an email maybe or some notification telling us about the updates and when they come out

acmed
acmed
3,525 posts
Peasant

i tink we should get an email maybe or some notification telling us about the updates and when they come out

It's been like this for a while during private beta, but since the release of public beta, the email notifications have been discontinued.

Imagine this: A system that can generate emails to over 1.6 million users. Most of them being ghost accounts. It's impossible.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,526 posts
Constable

I agree with you, and I understood that you like this idea, but I was just saying that is useful. I think there should be a message when these updates will come out.

Emails would be nice, rather than stumbling upon it through looking around the site, that way you actually know when the features come out and what you can do.
Imagine this: A system that can generate emails to over 1.6 million users. Most of them being ghost accounts. It's impossible.

No it isn't, many sites use it, such as Facebook, PhotoBucket, Formspring, Kongregate, etc. and they have more users than AG.
gocto
gocto
48 posts
Peasant

Username change is good and interesting idea.

Showing 166-180 of 304