ForumsNews and FeedbackIdeas and Discussions about: Changing Usernames in AG3

301 81990
scardragon99
scardragon99
570 posts
Nomad

Hi i have heard a rumor about that you can change your username in ag3. Is this true? And also if it is true won't people steal your username or is that impossible.

• 301 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Possibly symbol use on usernames?

We've already said no to this several times. Usernames will only contain letters, numbers, and maybe an underscore '_' character.
eaglepaw
eaglepaw
322 posts
Nomad

you can not use symbol so my username is eaglepaw

bunniecorps
bunniecorps
468 posts
Nomad

Could there be a possible filter for usernames that copy other user names

Ex:

eaglepaw

eagle_paw

eaglepaw229

and so on...

dumbfoundead
dumbfoundead
1 posts
Nomad

Pretty good idea-but I suggest that administrators still keep a constant watch on all these usernames. Once AG3 is out, it's all going to be pretty confusing. Especially with too many people changing usernames and everything at the same time-server crash? I suggest leaking some features once in a while-not as much as to spoil AG3 though.

valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

Yes, checking if the name are correct and respect the rules would be very hard for admin and mod.

BTW, I really like to change mine, it's so bad name!

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

The username change won't be available at launch. And we just added code on AG2 (this site) to stop users from registering names with censored words in it, which we'll carry over to AG3 as well.

valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

The username change won't be available at launch. And we just added code on AG2 (this site) to stop users from registering names with censored words in it, which we'll carry over to AG3 as well.

When a name is censored, does the account blocked or you just ask to the user to change his name?

We won't be available to change our username at launch? I hope we could do it in a while after the launch, because some persons (included me) really want to change their name.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

If a name is censored, you won't be able to save your change. On AG2, if you try to register with a censored word, it just won't let you finish the registration.

Username changes is a soon-after-launch goal though.

Octobers
Octobers
17 posts
Nomad

Username changes is a soon-after-launch goal though.

Too bad I understand its a fair bit of work to make though.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Not so much the workload, as making sure we change it everywhere necessary, be able to keep your old profile URL active during the 31-day period, making sure that username stays in a history somewhere for admins/mods to see, making sure that everything attributed to you stays attributed to you with your new username, all that stuff.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I'm not sure how the censored usernames will work out. You can have a username such as Assassin which won't get censored but there are two words in there that should be censored, but if you're username is Ka****o(forgot the whole username for the user), then it gets censored. It's restricting usernames for people even though they don't mean to have curse words in their username.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Good, i can't wait to change my name on here.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

GoM, I agree, there will be times that the censored username block will restrict proper names, but that's the trade-off. If we *don't* censor the names, we get a LOT more f-bomb usernames that end up posting on the site, and we don't filter usernames anywhere.

zizo90
zizo90
246 posts
Jester

so we will can change our username ?
that`s so good to change our username

valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

Yes, we will be able, but not at launch. Few days or weeks later, I think. Many people want to change (included me), so Armor Games will have a lot of work to satisfy everybody. They'll have to include quickly this possiblility.

Showing 106-120 of 301