ForumsProgramming ForumAGame: RPG

162 57726
Thebester5
Thebester5
53 posts
Nomad

Ok, in the absence of Beech and Darkroot, I made this forum. Sorry guys, you just were taking to long. So, It seems like the main idea was for an RPG. I like that idea.

• 162 Replies
plasmafish
plasmafish
252 posts
Nomad

I know most of you are set on an RPG, but depending on the depth that you guys want to take it to, it may be very complicated.

I am still willing to help with the programming if most want to go this route, but I would still like to hear what happened to beech.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

I assume that it's probably going to end up being a point and click rpg which is relatively simple compared to the others.

Beech is most likely working on another game that he has to finish in a set amount of time so he is probably very busy.

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

A point and click RPG will probably become a sonny copy =/

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Isn't all RPG's a rip off the original rpg? Isn't all fps games a rip off of wolfenstien? It's only a rip off if you actually copy it. But a point and click rpg can be made in many different unique ways.

Thebester5
Thebester5
53 posts
Nomad

Yes darkroot. And C. C. B. A. That was a good idea.

Now, we need to get jobs figured up. We need writers, designers, programmers, artists, and experts.

Designers bring the idea to a rough story line, a level design. The writers now write the full storyline. The artists will use the rough design, and the storyline to make character spires, level designs ect. The programmer will well program the game. The programmer will have to communicate to the artists and writer. The experts test the game and will be able to help at anytime during the game making process.

Thebester5
Thebester5
53 posts
Nomad

Also, I have brought up a GoogoeDoc account for AGame. Also, I forgot go put ask that if you wanted to sign up then just make a post saying which one then I will get back to you. Finally, HI DARKROOT!!!

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

I'm not sure about the googledoc's since people are leaving and coming so I would say AG forums are the best, but if people are active with a given medium then that's fine.

D.C.C.A

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

im going to try to stay with this the best i can

Dante92
Dante92
70 posts
Jester

If you need someone with photoshop-experience... I'm here...

Thebester5
Thebester5
53 posts
Nomad

yah darkroot. I mean like once we get the jobs and everything figured out, that would be the way to share everything.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

we will need a google docs but for now we still need to agree on exactly what were doing and hopefully beech can write the bulk of the code

Thebester5
Thebester5
53 posts
Nomad

yes master about the google docs. I' thinking beech is never comming back. Also, which job were you gonna be?

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

well i finished a book on as3 a few months ago but im still not very good with it but i can still try to help and im also pretty good with photoshop so i can try to help with a little art too

Dante92
Dante92
70 posts
Jester

Project failed

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

Go away and stop spamming the thread, so?

Showing 16-30 of 162