Thebester5

Thebester5

53 posts

If it does come down to beech not comming back.... I guess I'll run it. :S

Posted Mar 7, '11 at 6:29pm

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,879 posts

So guys... you have the concept (almost). But what about the coding/scripting/programing? Who will do that?

The group will. Don't forget about the animation and art :P.

Yes. I am not allowed to make any decisions. It all comes down to beech on who does what. Also everyone's ideas are sick.

This is not a dictatorship, decisions should be made by the group as a whole and acted on by the most experienced and dedicated members.

Posted Mar 7, '11 at 7:19pm

Thebester5

Thebester5

53 posts

Correct. So yah you are correct. We need to figure out who is best at what first.

Posted Mar 7, '11 at 7:43pm

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,879 posts

We can divide the groups into sections later but we need a solid concept first. Right now I'm not sure what you guys want as an RPG. One of you needs to collaborate and make a design document.

Posted Mar 7, '11 at 8:49pm

master565

master565

4,288 posts

How about we make a poll for the main part of the theme

vote depending on what choice you like (more then one if you like)

1. what time?
a. ancient
b. medieval
c. modern
d. future

2. what perspective?
a. 1st person
b. 2nd person
c. 3rd person

3. gameplay?
a. side scroller
b. platformer
c. point and click (like sonny)

4. side quests?
a. yes
b. no

if i have missed any questions please state what else you think it should be

Posted Mar 7, '11 at 8:52pm

master565

master565

4,288 posts

voting on my own post, i say

1. c
2. c
3. c
4. maybe, side quests do add to the game extend the amount of time you play it, but too many side quests gets annoying and you don't feel like accomplishing all them (and personally, i don't feel like iv beaten a game until i have done all side quests).

Posted Mar 8, '11 at 7:00am

plasmafish

plasmafish

259 posts

I know most of you are set on an RPG, but depending on the depth that you guys want to take it to, it may be very complicated.

I am still willing to help with the programming if most want to go this route, but I would still like to hear what happened to beech.

Posted Mar 8, '11 at 3:09pm

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,879 posts

I assume that it's probably going to end up being a point and click rpg which is relatively simple compared to the others.

Beech is most likely working on another game that he has to finish in a set amount of time so he is probably very busy.

Posted Mar 8, '11 at 3:14pm

gaboloth

gaboloth

1,629 posts

A point and click RPG will probably become a sonny copy =/

Posted Mar 8, '11 at 4:07pm

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,879 posts

Isn't all RPG's a rip off the original rpg? Isn't all fps games a rip off of wolfenstien? It's only a rip off if you actually copy it. But a point and click rpg can be made in many different unique ways.

Reply to AGame: RPG

You must be logged in to post a reply!