ForumsProgramming ForumAGame: RPG

162 57724
Thebester5
Thebester5
53 posts
Nomad

Ok, in the absence of Beech and Darkroot, I made this forum. Sorry guys, you just were taking to long. So, It seems like the main idea was for an RPG. I like that idea.

• 162 Replies
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

project not failed, we just need beech back

Dante92
Dante92
70 posts
Jester

Come on.. even the starter of this project left.

You need another plattform for discussing and communicating. Like a forum. Like a chat.

And you need to fix someone to a job, like coding or painting/drawing and so.
And you also need to know what to do. You cant talk about the basics of the game for months. DECIDE. This wont work like you are doing right now...

Decide what to do, decide who is going to do what, and get another Plattform, Website, Forum or whatever you want. Cuz this forum is not the right place.

Dante92
Dante92
70 posts
Jester

Get a Leader

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

First of all how many people are even active in this thread from the original or the start? We have like only 3-4 people now.

Come on.. even the starter of this project left.

He didn't leave he's just not spamming an inactive thread continuously.

You need another platform for discussing and communicating. Like a forum. Like a chat.

This is a forum, also changing platform will shrink our base to like 1-2 people.

And you also need to know what to do. You cant talk about the basics of the game for months. DECIDE. This wont work like you are doing right now...

Deciding what people do won't change anything at all. If we decide someone will be an artist won't make more people come or more active.

Get a Leader

We don't need one.

Dante92 can you stop spamming the same thing over and over again. We know what your opinion is we don't need it being said a hundred times.
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Dante92 if you want to help try organize this, go ahead but don't keep criticizing us

Dante92
Dante92
70 posts
Jester

I want to help but I don't see any sense in doing this.

If you continue working on this project like you are doing now, you won't be finished even in this year.

And btw: I can't organize anything. I could.. if I had the time. But I don't. Not yet.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Your right we do need to be more organized but we also need beech because hes supposed to be in charge.

Dante92
Dante92
70 posts
Jester

Has anyone even began to code? Or something? What about an enginee? Do we/you need one? Is anyone able to code the game without support from beech?

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

I can code a little but we need to set up a live chat to discuss the game without putting up one post, waiting hours for a response, and posting again.

Dante92
Dante92
70 posts
Jester

That's what I am saying... it needs hours, days, weeks. Even to decide what Genre, which Features and so.

And "a little bit" of codingknowledge is no help. Not really... no.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

I just got a great idea, we abandon the idea of an rpg and make a game like wario ware inc or 4 second frenzy. That way we can enlist a few programmers who don't need to be amazing, and have each of them make a few quick little game then someone will take those games and put them together. If we do that we won't need that much organizing, we just need to find a few programmers willing to help contribute.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

And dante, when i say a little, i mean i read a book on as3 i'm just not very good with it yet, but i probably have the potential to contribute to my idea in the last post.

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

Sounds like a good idea. Why don't we try to do this waiting for beech to return, just to get the ball rolling? I think we should have enough knowledge to meke this.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

The beauty of this idea is we probably won't need beech to much, most of the games in this genre aren't very complicated which will also open up opportunities for beginner programmers such as my self. After we discuss this slightly more and confirm it, we can make another post recruiting programmers.

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

Exactly! Let's do it now!!! Yay!!
I have a idea on how to code the main game class, but I'm not sure it's the best way :S what if we start to code some of the minigames for now? Then we can wait for someone a little more experienced (darkroot comes to mind) to help us build the game class.
I'd love to start code some chunks asap, it will keep the thingy alive. Then if more people is interested, they can join at any time.

Showing 31-45 of 162