ForumsProgramming ForumAGame: RPG

162 57721
Thebester5
Thebester5
53 posts
Nomad

Ok, in the absence of Beech and Darkroot, I made this forum. Sorry guys, you just were taking to long. So, It seems like the main idea was for an RPG. I like that idea.

• 162 Replies
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

I just discovered this thread if you want to continue the RPG idea http://armorgames.com/community/thread/7243706/looking-for-rpg-team

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

also, if we want to have a time bar, a life bar or something, it would be useful to extend a generic class, probably. or we can use a clip with them, and add the lavels/minigames clips as childs of the lifebar and timebar clip.

Why bother making a class out of a relatively simple function and a timer? Or in Wariowares case just an animated movieclip that's added to the stage every time a games starts.

If we can compile around 40-50 (just making a number) games like the ones in that video, we can get a good game going that has good potential.

That's a lot of games and will require a good plan. Otherwise only 5 games will be actually fun while the other 45 are simple re-hashes of each other. I would recommend each of you just make one game to see if we can even achieve the object of that many games and if you can carry on from there.

I kind of want darkroot's decision on wether or not we should make a full game with this, or try to continue the RPG.

Yeah, it's a good idea and much simpler than an rpg. But like I said above see if you can even make a game each before you jump into this full steam.
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Yea one of my concerns is that some of the games will be really similar but i'm going to make one and upload it (what's a good web sight for swf hosting?).

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Heres my game

http://www.filedropper.com/catchmicrogame

i haven't used this sight before so hopefully it will work

Dante92
Dante92
70 posts
Jester

I agree with you. This WarioWare-kind of game is good... So what about it? Are you going to code now? Or do you still need something to discuss?

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

If you read my last post i HAVE started coding.

Dante92
Dante92
70 posts
Jester

thought it was just a example.. hmm. need ideas for games?

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Sure

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

I just realized my game i posted has a mistake, any key you press will work, but i fixed it now.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

@master565 good job on the game, much more than I expected.

thought it was just a example.. hmm. need ideas for games?

Dante92 you should start working on something or decide what you want to do. I see a lot of comments but not many that help the progress of the game.

I also recently got an email from Beech and he says that he is completely swamped with an project. He probably will come back after he is done.
Dante92
Dante92
70 posts
Jester

So... on what should I stark working? I don't have any coding-experience. I don't know how your game looks like... what kind of graphicstyle it has and so. Gimme some screenshots or create an .exe file so that I can run and test it.

Tell me what to do and I will try to do it.

Thebester5
Thebester5
53 posts
Nomad

Wow... While I've been gone everything has happened I love everyone's ideas. I especially love Masters. I think we should be able to do that.

Thebester5
Thebester5
53 posts
Nomad

Also: I have our tag-line.

AGames: The Best Grade Games can get!
Give me any other ideas.
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Well game suggestions will help dante, and here is another one thats a little more complicated

http://www.filedropper.com/dodgemicrogame_1

Two things about this one
1) Not sure if its allowed but i borrowed code from a tutorial on smoother character movements
2) It knows when you hit the balls

Thebester5
Thebester5
53 posts
Nomad

good idea

Showing 61-75 of 162