ForumsProgramming ForumAGame: RPG

162 57723
Thebester5
Thebester5
53 posts
Nomad

Ok, in the absence of Beech and Darkroot, I made this forum. Sorry guys, you just were taking to long. So, It seems like the main idea was for an RPG. I like that idea.

• 162 Replies
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

We need to start a new thread for this and if everyone likes my ideas here

I'm suggesting the games be 5 seconds, each game won will let you continue, each game lost will lose one life. We'll decide the amount of lives after we see the difficulty. Depending on how many games we have, well either have them all in one game mode or we'll do what wario ware inc does (gabloloth look up the game) and have about 10-15 games followed by a boss level then you'll unlock another mode with 10-15 more games followed by a new boss level. Each game will only be played with arrow keys and a space bar (if we have a mouse and spacebar it will make games confusing).

For recruiting a few more programmers, we wont need more than 5 or 6 and we'll ask each of them to make around 5 games or more. They just need to make sure that...
1) the stage is empty
2) the game can tell if its been won or lost (preferably by a boolean)

As for menu's and the such, we'll create those later.

As for music, after were almost done we can go to the art, music, and writing forum and find someone who wants to make music for us (for free).
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

(i forgot to finish my last post)

If no one disagrees with these than whoever on this thread who wants to start making games can.

BUT we still need to figure out how to make sure people aren't making the same games that has already been made.

Dante92
Dante92
70 posts
Jester

Dude I don't know how to open this .swf file ! How ?!

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

you need to download flash 10.2 projector from here
http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

Xinito
Xinito
109 posts
Nomad

Make a RPG that you are a guy that is getting teleported to another world 500 years ago, he have to do alot of Quests and kill the final boss

Dante92
Dante92
70 posts
Jester

Fore sure... not

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Make a RPG that you are a guy that is getting teleported to another world 500 years ago, he have to do alot of Quests and kill the final boss

Xinito, that was random and pointless because we already decided what were doing.
Thebester5
Thebester5
53 posts
Nomad

Master. We will make a new game when this one is done. I have started a storyline for the game. We need to know what the player and the levels look like.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

When you say "when this one is done" are you referring to the game i suggested or the RPG

Thebester5
Thebester5
53 posts
Nomad

sorry, not a new game, new fourm when this tribulation is done.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

whats tribulation mean

Thebester5
Thebester5
53 posts
Nomad

a trial.

Dante92
Dante92
70 posts
Jester

How many games (in the game) are done yet?

kingcaldwell
kingcaldwell
34 posts
Nomad

maybe start off with a futuristic world where your character has enrolled into 1 of 3 guilds GUILD: #1 being a strong rebel group that has risen to help defend. #2 being the old countries weakened military #3 being some sort of futuristic bandit group. There'd always be a common enemy who's power is slightly above all 3 guild/groups but the stronger stuff is hidden tell you become stronger. the futuristic gear would be funky looking guns & swords & camo Mech(referring to robotic armor) looking armor(varying strengths and looks).

the plot would be the old military had just sent the largest offensive force ever rallied and lost by a lot.and now large approaching horde of enemies from everywhere approaches hoping to take your countries resources and area as their own, but they discover the will of the remainingg military and the few groups of armed citizens & rebels is a lot tougher then they had imagined, well all this is happening a large group of bandits start getting more and more greedy getting them more involved in the war then they had hoped.

i kinda left a few things open so that you could decide who and what certain things would be.

kingcaldwell
kingcaldwell
34 posts
Nomad

EDIT: opps i only read page 1 before posting the above..

*mod please merge this to the above*

Showing 76-90 of 162