ForumsProgramming ForumAGame: RPG

162 57720
Thebester5
Thebester5
53 posts
Nomad

Ok, in the absence of Beech and Darkroot, I made this forum. Sorry guys, you just were taking to long. So, It seems like the main idea was for an RPG. I like that idea.

• 162 Replies
Dante92
Dante92
70 posts
Jester

You should stop posting these ideas here... I mean it's ok that you have some ideas for future-games, but not yet, not here. When we have finished the game on which we (ok they..) are working right now we will make another one (perhaps). So lets wait first. We dont even know if the current game is going to be finished.

Dante92
Dante92
70 posts
Jester

At the 2 coders: We need another way to communicate. I vote for IRC... when I'm going to start my apprenticeship I will start learning actionscript and flash and so, and that for sure. So do practice a little bit more, finish the current project and become more talented in coding. I will try to catch up to you later. It will take a few months but I think you got this time?

Dante92
Dante92
70 posts
Jester

Last words: Perhaps we can become a good team with bigger projects and so, thats why we should try working for this and so... It's not a 1-week project, you need to know that. If you dont have the patience, dont even try.

Thebester5
Thebester5
53 posts
Nomad

good idea dante. an IRC, i didnt think of that

kingcaldwell
kingcaldwell
34 posts
Nomad

dante if you would have looked at my second post you would've seen that i already stated that it was an accident as i only read page 1 which was where they were looking for plots and ideas on games to make. it was after page 2 that i realized they had decided on something already so i read through the 9 pages before posting to make sure they weren't still accepting ideas then thats when i posted the previous comment on page 9.

Randomly. IRC is great for lots easy to access easy to use and not many people will randomly join a random IRC channel.

Dante92
Dante92
70 posts
Jester

I know, but I didn't write that to tell just you. It was written for everyone who wanted to write something simiar.

Bester, how do you think... should we open or own IRC Channel? In Quakenet? Do you got an IRC Client right now? If yes, join channel: project_agame, I'm waiting there.

kingcaldwell
kingcaldwell
34 posts
Nomad

*last post on this thread unless somehow I'm asked a question*

ah ok dante sorry about that just thought you were yelling at me even after i posted to make sure i wouldn't get yelled at.

so what's this game about now? like a massive minigame collection or some sort of game with a lot of minigames attached?

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

@Dante92 try to formulate all your thoughts and then post. If you don't we end up spamming the thread with 3+ post 3 mins apart from each other. Good luck with your apprenticeship.

1) Not sure if its allowed but i borrowed code from a tutorial on smoother character movements

I have this feeling you borrow more code than you realize. Just make sure to credit the person and to make sure that it's fine to use the code. But we are not here to copy-paste code.

good idea dante. an IRC, i didnt think of that

I'm skeptical of an IRC server being set up. It creates a wall between us and new users. Not everyone wants to go download and find a server. But if someone wants to then it's fine.
Dante92
Dante92
70 posts
Jester

Go to IRC and I will answer you. I don't want to spam this thread.

Thebester5
Thebester5
53 posts
Nomad

ok dante, i also think that we are making big progress

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

I came up with a solution for the problem of people making copy's of games already created, we open up a googledoc for everyone working with us and every time someone makes a game they will edit the doc and put their games name, a description, and maybe a screen shot if you can do that with google docs.

P.S: I have no idea how to use the quakenet website.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Can i please get some response because i can't figure out how to join the IRC on quakenet, and i'm really tempted to get started.

If i don't get any feedback in a day or too i'm just going to start a new thread and a googledoc by myself.

Thebester5
Thebester5
53 posts
Nomad

dude,its ok,I'll get it up

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Get up the new thread or googledoc? Because i can make the googledoc and put all the guidelines for our programmers ahead of time so that they can get started right away.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

I forgot to add, if your starting a thread make sure to tell people that

A) even beginners can help as long as they can make a simple game.

B) we'll probably need their emails.

C) (im just guessing this) all updates they need to know will be on the googledoc

Showing 91-105 of 162